Martin County Man Killed In Wreck

The Highway Patrol says a Robersonville man was killed after he was thrown from his vehicle when it crashed Wednesday morning in Martin County.

Terrence Hollis, 53, died in a single car wreck just down the road from where he lived on Robersonville Products Rd. in Robersonville. Troopers say the wreck happened near the intersection with Airport Rd. around 6:10 a.m. Wednesday.

Troopers have determined that Hollis lost control and ran off the road to the right, overcorrected, and then ran off the road to the left. At that point, Hollis's car hit a ditch. He was ejected, and his vehicle began flipping over. Hollis was found about 12 feet away from where his vehicle came to rest. He was pronounced dead at the hospital.

Troopers say Hollis was not wearing a seatbelt.

The cause of the accident is still under investigation. Troopers say it does not appear alcohol was involved. However, they speed may have been a factor at the curve in the road where Hollis lost control.

• by james hollis Location: belvoir on May 7, 2011 at 06:21 PM
    to my sister tina i love u very much and hope we can still stay close so many things have happen over the years a lot of loss and family spliting up maybe this will bring us closer like before everything happen i feel like there is no family anymore but just to let you know i love you and the boys with all my heart im always here for you to talk if u need someone love big brother
  • by Marietta and Wilber Location: Columbia on May 5, 2011 at 05:02 PM
    Wendy, we are so sorry to hear of your fathers death, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take comfort in The Lord he will help you through this. We love you.
  • by Anonymous Location: Williamston on May 5, 2011 at 04:56 PM
    Big James, Jason and I have you in our thoughts and prayers and wish you and your family to find strength in this difficult time, if there is anything we can do please let us know. What arrangements have been made? We need a number to contact you.
  • by Ross Location: Rocky Mount on May 5, 2011 at 10:52 AM
    Sorry to hear of your family's loss. I never met Terrance, but he is anything like the son he raised he was a very good man!
  • by Willie Hawkins Location: Red Oak NC on May 5, 2011 at 10:47 AM
    Terrence, just want you to know how sorry I am to hear of your father. Ifs there's anything that I can do for you and your family don't hesitate to let me know. Your Hospira family
  • by james Location: greenville on May 5, 2011 at 08:31 AM
    to every one who has responded thank you for your suport and prayers we trulely thankyou my father will be mist i wish i only had more time to spend with him tina wooley pug wendy tanya i love yall and god is with us .
  • by Molly Location: Williamston on May 4, 2011 at 06:48 PM
    Wendy,Mike and Olivia I am so sorry to hear of your loss, if you need anything please let me know. You all will be in my prayers.
  • by kellie Location: chocowinity on May 4, 2011 at 06:47 PM
    Uncle Terry...... you will be missed and loved ALWAYS. When i think of u i have only good memories and lots of laughs...always joking on some1. LOVIN U ALWAYS Kellie To all my family ........ I love u & wish I could ease your pain.
  • by Charlene Harris Location: Williamston, NC on May 4, 2011 at 06:08 PM
    Wendy and family, I am so sorry for your loss and are here if you need a friend. You and your family are in our prayers. Mr. Terry will be truly missed. Love you!
  • by Scotty Location: Hamilton on May 4, 2011 at 06:06 PM
    A great friend, since childhood. I'll miss Terry for the rest of my days. My prayers are with his family and my heart goes out to all the people I know who will miss him. Rest in peace, old friend.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 121244109 - witn.com/a?a=121244109