Martha Stewart Visits Kinston

Martha Stewart

A television personality who runs a home decor empire was in Eastern Carolina Thursday.

Martha Stewart visited the MasterBrand Cabinets facility in Kinston where they make her Martha Stewart Living™ cabinetry line.

During the two-hour visit, Stewart met dozens of cabinet-makers who build her cabinets. “I visited MasterBrand Cabinets to see for myself that the products are of the high quality our customers expect from us and I am happy with what I saw," said Stewart. "I was glad to have the opportunity to thank the skilled men and women at MasterBrand Cabinets who make these beautiful, innovative and practical cabinets.”

Stewart's cabinet line was launched last September at Home Depot stores and the Kinston facility hired 250 cabinet makers for the job.

• by Snidlee Whiplash Location: Kinston on Feb 25, 2011 at 01:09 PM
    Ya know, seems like Kinston's city fathers would have made a big to-do about this visit and had a key giving ceremony or something to promote Masterbrands & Kinston no matter what we as individuals think of her. Not every day a celebrity visits here. A missed oportunity...again...IMHO.
  • by To: Dave 34th floor on Feb 25, 2011 at 11:19 AM
    I have a question for you....What is your problem with Kinston/Lenoir county?
  • by Teresa Location: Farmville on Feb 24, 2011 at 06:32 PM
    I am glad she chose NC to do business. At least it is a job for someone.
  • by Kathy Location: Washington on Feb 24, 2011 at 05:35 PM
    Leave Martha alone. She did her time for her crime, a white-collar crime I might add. She did the same thing thousands do every day, she just got caught. I'll take any insider information anybody wants to give me.
  • by country girl Location: nc on Feb 24, 2011 at 04:51 PM
    Wow...... let's get excited!!! Another crook in eastern NC, thanks for the warning.
  • by mike on Feb 24, 2011 at 04:32 PM
    perfect place for her!
  • by anonymous Location: kinston on Feb 24, 2011 at 04:20 PM
    I use to work for masterbrand and retired from there and I know the bs that goes along with making her "oh so special cabinets" you go get em ex-con
  • by Ken Location: Rocky Mount on Feb 24, 2011 at 04:16 PM
    This is not news. No one cares. I hope who ever reported this had something else to report, otherwise your career is in the toilet.
  • by maggie Location: lagrange on Feb 24, 2011 at 03:51 PM
    umm folks she went to prison for insider trading, in simple terms she is a criminal!! the good folks of enc forget that??
  • by Anonymous on Feb 24, 2011 at 03:15 PM
    Oh goody... overpriced, yuppity-looking cr*p.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116864228 - witn.com/a?a=116864228