Police: Man Stabbed to Death, Murder Suspect Arrested

Officers say a man was stabbed to death early Saturday morning in Kinston. The murder suspect is now in jail.

According to the Kinston Department of Public safety they responded to a call on Saturday around 3:00 a.m. in reference to a stabbing victim at Lenoir Memorial Hospital.

When officers arrived they found the victim, Rodriquez Edmondson, had been driven to the hospital with multiple stab wounds to the stomach and chest.

After an investigation officers say the stabbing occurred at Rouse Road Apt. located at 3405 Coleman Drive.

Deandre Lofton of Kinston has been charged with an open count of murder and placed in the Lenoir County jail under no bond.

• by tt Location: k-town on Aug 20, 2011 at 11:40 PM
    I really don't knw y ppl even post some of these comments on here. I'm n alot of pain because I lost my friend in an act of violence where he lost his life. I still have his last voicemail on my phone yes this many months later. I'm mad and want to knw y he is gone. Let the murderer answer that 4 me. I miss Drek so much. I dnt get to hear any of his jokes or etc anymore because of Dre. I have seen alot of violence in Kinston. Like 2pac said instead of killing each other we need 2 come together and heal each other. RIP DREK U R DEARLY MISSED. ILY
  • by crystal Location: in nc on Jan 26, 2011 at 02:41 PM
    wow i knew andre he was a good person untill someone botherd him but arent we all da other guy only know of the fam ...well basicly we all know things happen i wish the best for both families !!!
  • by Anonymous on Jan 19, 2011 at 06:14 AM
    @SMH you are right if it was the other way around I would feel the way you do I was hurt and lashed out it was wrong I apologize but i keep both families in my prayers
  • by smh on Jan 18, 2011 at 07:58 PM
    @Meatball,I don't think you know the whole story because it definitely wasn't in self defense. I understand that you love your cousin, but what he did was very wrong! Also, I feel that it is very insensitive for you to say "let the past be the past and move" because you still have your family and for those who loved Drek, can never see him in the physical ever again because your cousin lacked self control.
  • by Meatball Location: Jacksonville,FL on Jan 18, 2011 at 03:29 PM
    Dont none of ya'll know the whole story behind this dont be so quick to judge but im just sorry that my cousin took it there but it was self defense how i see it people need to leave stuff alone let the past be the past and move.
  • by Fam Location: Kinsotn on Jan 18, 2011 at 02:21 PM
    Both of these men were family friends of mine. And if you don't know the story then don't judge. It wasn't right that Dre killed Drek, but overall they were both good people. Stop categorizing them as if they're just hoodlums. smh R.I.P. Drek ily fam ♥
  • by Tameia Location: New York on Jan 18, 2011 at 08:36 AM
    My heart grieves for both families. No one should ever take another mans life, but it's not for me to judge. The Bible says "Judge not, that ye be not judged" Matthew 7. I didn't know the young man 'Drek', but it seems he was a remarkable young man that was loved by mass amount of people. However, I know Dre and all I can say is i'm still in 'SHOCK' and not 'UNDERSTANDING'. I'd like to send my condolences and prayer to the family of Drek. I can only imagine how you all feel emotionally. Also for the family of Deandre Lofton, I am praying for you all as well. God only knows why. May 'God' be with you all in your time of need. For all others that are leaving comments please try and remember that people from all over the world can view your comments so please be advised in using precaution when writing your thoughts or opinions. People are entitled to have their own opinions, but it doesn't give anyone the right to become hostile or volatile. WE HAVE TO STOP THE VIOLENCE.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 18, 2011 at 06:38 AM
    I know both parties and the situation. If you havent read the whole book, dont be so quick to write a report. My prayers go out to BOTH of the families
  • by Hurting Location: Kinston on Jan 17, 2011 at 10:43 PM
    @ Honest, You may not be condoning, but you are defending. How can you sit here and defend a man that has taken someones life? I knew both of them and the situation and Drek did nothing to deserve being stabbed and MURDERED by Dre. To sit here and defend that dude is very disrespectful to the family and friends of Drek! I think you should have kept your opinion to yourself.
  • by To Honest: on Jan 17, 2011 at 02:14 PM
    Yeah, my family has been through hard times, too. We use to stab each other almost weekly. We had the Emergency Room on speed dial and the ambulance drivers knew our names when we called.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 113843779 - witn.com/a?a=113843779