Two Suspects Attempt To Rob Family In Greenville

Greenville police say that an attempted armed robbery took place at a home in the city.

WITN had been reporting that a suspect posed as a mail carrier, and forced their way into the home, but police say that was a misprint on the police report.

The crime was reported at Fletcher Place, which is off Greenville Blvd. on the east side of Greenville Saturday night. Greenville police say that two men knocked on the front door around 8:40pm. An 18-year-old at the home answered the door, that’s when the two supects demanded money. The 18-year-old yelled for his father. When the father appeared the two men fled.

No one was hurt.

As always, you can call Pitt-Greenville Crime Stoppers at (252) 758-7777.

• by Peter Location: where it happened on Jan 12, 2012 at 05:51 AM
    Two young thugs rang my doorbell and pointed a gun at my son Damian who just turned 18. Damian frantically call out Dad, Dad, Dad, as one of the thugs are trying to gain entrance right in my front door. I came around the corner and stepped in front of my son pushing him into the house. There I stand face to face with two masked young lads with hoodies and a 9mm pistol at my chest. Then pointed at my face. I said I don't have anything in a pleading but very stern voice. I said I have children in here are you CRAZY! At that moment these dumb punk thugs had a moment of clarity in their miserable little brain. They saw this botched robbery not going as planned(Thank God). However, tonight fight or flight became only fight. I must have scared the crap out of them. Just as they where there, they were nowhere. I am always thankful for everything.Tonight I am grateful to GOD for protecting my family from senseless violent harm. I am also glad I did not take anyone's life. I can say that I was about to try!! Tell the people that care for you that you love them you may not ever have another chance. PEACE on Earth!!
  • by JD on Jan 12, 2012 at 03:06 AM
    I also agree, it is just preparedness. I keep a fire extinguisher in my kitchen and another in my garage. Like the gun, I really rather not ever be in a situation to EVER need it. And it is unlikely. But I'd rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. My solution is pretty simple. I have a carry permit, and carry whenever it is legal to do so. When I'm home, it just stays where it is on my person. It's really not intrusive, so may as well. I rarely get knocks on my door after night fall, maybe once a year. When I do, it is good to know I have the gun on me (holstered) when I peak through the peep hole. I am definitely NOT pointing it at the door. And I've never once had to draw it, for any reason. I am happy for this, and pray that it continues to be this way. There is some bravado being posted here, but I do know a lot of folks like that. And that is all it is, just idle talk/chest thumping. If you ask them seriously though, they will say that they would assurely just live their life and peace and not EVER experience a life or death situation.
  • by Where's LOVE? on Jan 11, 2012 at 11:15 PM
    This is so sad..we are becoming so tormented & we have to be so suspicious in our daily lives. I don't like this world and what it is becoming. I wish we all could live our own lives in peace. No worrying about dangers from the other guy. Why,why does mankind have to be so self-loving? Not even considering anyone but themselves! We ALL do need protection- defense not offence. I will defend my family if I am made to. But NO harm should ever be inflicted on the innocent. Our Doors should be open to any that would need our help, what if you needed help? DO unto others as you would have them DO unto you. We can't, we MUST NOT close our hearts, our homes, and especially not our love to our fellow man. We must not let our love grow COLD.
  • by Madison Location: Greenville on Jan 11, 2012 at 07:25 AM
    Last night three African American boys rang my door bell repeatedly at 10:30pm after I had already gone to bed. They handed me a brochure for a BP Gas card and ran away. Luckily nothing happened but it was definitley suspicious and upsetting to be woken up in such a way. Wheres the respect?
      by To Madison on Jan 12, 2012 at 06:44 AM in reply to Madison
      So, let me get this right, you opened your door at 10:30 p.m. to three unknown males? Where is the respect you ask? Where is your common sense, that's what I want to know.
  • by pete Location: grifton on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:08 PM
    How many of you stand in front of the door? use your head and stand off to the side well armed and not afraid to use it.if they shoot thru the door let them here a thud and when they kick in the door.let your 12 gauge 3 inch mag buckshot greet them.
  • by Tom Location: ENC on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:01 PM
    What a shame us old folks are afraid to go to BJ at night and now they are coming to the house to get us!But i got something for them and it aint a chicken leg!
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 10, 2012 at 05:21 PM in reply to Tom
      LOL...that's right.
  • by To concern Location: gun shop on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:54 PM
    New bullets! LOL
  • by Obama Snake Oil Co Location: Washington on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:42 PM
    I will be so glad when all these DNC fundraisers are over, geez....happening all over the east. I guess he news of goldman sachs dropping support for Obama was a real killer....geez...
      by Anonymous on Jan 10, 2012 at 04:39 PM in reply to Obama Snake Oil Co
      Still resisting going to mental health I see.
  • by hrm on Jan 10, 2012 at 03:19 PM
    To all the people who say they are "packing" 24/7 in case someone comes to their door that they don't know...I feel very, very sorry for the poor girl scouts. All joking aside, that frightens me. My car once broke down out in the boonies and I had zero phone service, I had to walk to the nearest house and ask them to call someone for me. Nice to know that I could get shot for that.
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 10, 2012 at 05:23 PM in reply to hrm
      Think about that; this is what the new thugs are creating. People won't be so helpful anymore.
      by jd on Jan 12, 2012 at 10:17 AM in reply to hrm
      hrm, I'd be more concerned about knocking on the door of some sick scumbag who will end up taking advantage of you. For me, my weapon stays holster unless the person knocking on the door turns violent and forces their way in. A girl scout knocking on the door, or a woman with a broken down car asking for me to call a friend ... no harm intended, no problem.
  • by Jamie Location: Greenville on Jan 10, 2012 at 02:59 PM
    Sounds to me, that alot of you "Western Gunslingers" are armed, willing, and able. A bunch of internet, paranoid cowards if you ask me. Everyone is so big and bad, until a gun is pointed in your face. Always talking about what you would've done. Stop the bellyaching. Things are the way that they are. Having served in the US Army, qualified on a 9mm Beretta and an M-16 A2, until you've experienced gunning down another human being and taking a life, you would'nt be so quick to "gun sling." I don't condone robbery or any crime, but Im sick of all the internet thuggery in ENC. All of you gun toting, rooting tooting hicks will pull the trigger while closing your eyes and squeezing!!
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 10, 2012 at 05:29 PM in reply to Jamie
      Jamie, I understand what you're saying. Pulling the trigger involves a lot of resolve and responsibility; taking a life can't be undone. Consider this; if pulling the trigger saves yours/your family's lives, it must be done. However, I agree with your post; be ready to live with your decision, if it results in the death of another. My husband and I are having this discussion, currently. Also consider that these thugs are 'taking' lives without asking. Us 'Eastern Gunslingers' must do something to protect ourselves.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136999038 - witn.com/a?a=136999038