Man Killed In Crash, Wife Critically Injured

Troopers say speed was to blame in a crash that killed a man and left his wife critically injured.

According to troopers around 10:45 p.m. Friday night 45-year-old Terry Bowen was driving with his wife on Allen Williams Road in Williamston when the car ran off the road to the right because of speed. The car then lost control, went to the left and hit a mailbox, ditch, driveway cover and a tree.

Troopers say Terry Bowen was killed in the crash. His wife, Marsha Bowen, is in critical condition at Pitt County Memorial Hospital.

• by amber on Feb 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    i sure do miss my uncle terry
  • by a niece Location: greenville on Feb 16, 2011 at 09:20 AM
    uncle terry was the best man anyone could ever possibly know. it breaks my heart everyday to know that he is no longer her with us. uncle terry was the one that you came to whenever you just needed to get away and to talk to someone. he was always right there, at the right times. i will miss him sooo much! more than my words could ever say but god has a plan for all of us. im guessing that this tragedy was in his plan. please keep aunt marsha in your prayers still. she is home but she is gonna need as much help that she can get. i know my uncle terry is standing there with her everyday, his hand on her shoulder and his heart in hers. thats why she made it through. god and uncle terry were there with her the whole time. i love you uncle terry and i miss you more than words can explain. watch over all of us and make sure that you keep us out of trouble. i love you <3
  • by jennifer Location: bear grass on Jan 27, 2011 at 04:24 PM
    My Heart goes out to all the Bowen family. We have all been sadden by the loss of Terry Joe my he R.I.P.I pray that Marsha keeps on getting better. the days ahead are long but we will make it through with Love and Hope. To Perry, Joe, Kayala, Brittany and baby Hayle if yall need anything I am right up the road just stop and say hey I need you and I will be there. To Wendy, Casey, and Brandy yes yall are real sister's and Marsha would not have it any other way.I will keep all of you in my prayers. I have known this family for a long time and they are a great bunch. We will be the "Hogg pen bunch forever"!! Love you all.M
  • by Amber Location: Bear Grass on Jan 27, 2011 at 09:15 AM
    I knew Mr. Bowen. I graduated with his son Joe this past year. You could always find him at the baseball games. He was a great guy and will be missed by the whole Bear Grass community. We Love You and RIP!!
  • by Casey on Jan 26, 2011 at 07:35 PM
    UPDATE: Marsha looks really great. They put in a trak today to get all of the tubes and stuff out of her nose and mouth. they also put a feeding tube in her stomach. She was very peaceful today. Doing very good. Thank you for your prayers
  • by Diane Location: Robersonville on Jan 25, 2011 at 06:48 PM
    I work with Brandy and know her Father, My prayers are with them, they are good people,with big hearts we as human beings have lost compassion,and love that Christ died for, please know that I have suffered the same pain may God give you the grace to go though this bad time.I pray for a full recovery for this young women.And the broken hearts of this family.
  • by Casey Location: Robersonville on Jan 25, 2011 at 06:29 PM
    I would like to thank everyone that showed their support for me and the family tonight. You will never know how much it means to me and the family. I always knew Terry was a great man but tonight made me realize exactly how much he was loved. That isn't including the ones that didn't. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!! Please continue the prayers for Marsha.
  • by DDS Location: Tarboro on Jan 25, 2011 at 05:54 AM
    I just found out my Uncle knew this couple personally. He is devastated and he just lost his 22 yr old son Aug 15 so it is a sad reminder of his own tragedy. His heart goes out to this family
  • by Deborah S. on Jan 25, 2011 at 05:28 AM
    Bless this poor woman! I don't know what I would do without my husband. I pray for the family and friends of both.
  • by Facebook on Jan 24, 2011 at 09:23 PM
    There is a prayer page for the Bowen family. Search for "prayers for the bowen family".

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114427209 - witn.com/a?a=114427209