Man Injured In Wreck Charged With DWI

A man is charged with DWI after troopers say he wrecked his vehicle in Pitt County Saturday evening and had to be airlifted to the hospital because of injuries.

According to Highway Patrol Antonio Aguilar of Ayden was driving on Cannon Price Road outside of Grifton when he drove off the road to the right, over-corrected, then drove back off the road to the left and struck a ditch and overturned.

Aguilar was airlifted to Vidant Medical Center for his injuries. Troopers say he was expected to be okay.

Aguilar was charged with DWI and No Operators License.

• by PAUL Location: Greenville on Feb 20, 2012 at 08:31 AM
    Pitt County Memorial Hospital was renamed Vidant Medical Center about a month ago.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 20, 2012 at 06:47 AM
    Where is Vidant Medical Center, I thought Pitt County Memorial was the nearest trauma center to Ayden?
      by Anonymous on Feb 20, 2012 at 08:30 AM in reply to
      Vidant is the stupid new name of Pitt Memorial. Pitt Memorial was supposed to be a "Memorial" of veterans as most "Memorial" hospitals are. I guess they decided not to remember them any longer. If I have the opportunity I will go to another town if I ever need a hospital. I do not know of one single person in Pitt county who approves of the name change...I hope they go bankrupt!!
  • by 40some on Feb 19, 2012 at 05:22 PM
    We'll all pay the medical bill for this one.
  • by creekgirl on Feb 19, 2012 at 02:36 PM
    How about instead of charging him and wasting our money in court, just deport him. I am sure he is illegal with no license. But then again, they have no respect for the law in our country.
  • by n-da-no on Feb 19, 2012 at 02:32 PM
    Right on Cathy...and we thought Jim Martin was bad. Ole Charles has him beat by a long shot.
  • by Cathy on Feb 19, 2012 at 01:49 PM
    Nothing is wrong with this according to Fred Whitehurst in today's paper he he says vote for a judge who will be lenient on this behavior
  • by Pete Location: Grifton on Feb 19, 2012 at 01:11 PM
    what's unusual about this.ever look at the court dockets?
  • by grifton on Feb 19, 2012 at 01:00 PM
    Glad he is going to be OK. Anyone check on his immigration status?
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Feb 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    Hmm mmm...no operator's license. How many other infractions does this person have? Good that he didn't kill some innocents on his way down the highway of DUI.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139641843 - witn.com/a?a=139641843