Man Injured In Plane Crash

A man is in the hospital after the crop plane he was flying crashed into a wheat field in Beaufort County.

According to officials the Ag-cat small crop plane crashed into a wheat field off of Little Creek Road in Sidney around 8 a.m. Saturday morning.

They say the plane was destroyed and the pilot, Randy Lee of Washington, was injured.

Officials say Lee had been spraying insecticide at the time of the crash.

The FAA is now taking over the investigation. No word yet on what caused the crash.

• by randy lee Location: williamston on Apr 25, 2011 at 05:35 PM
    I was released form the hospital 4-24 2:00pm.I am very sore today and will be for some time.I have no broken bones or serious cuts. Thanks for everyone's prayers and concerns for me and my family.I feel blessed and know the Lord was with me. My thanks go out to George Elliott,and Hal Sparrow Three. They are the two men that pulled me out of the plane and possibly saved my life.God Bless you both. God is my co-pilot. Randy Lee
  • by viewer on Apr 25, 2011 at 03:22 PM
    He was suppose to be released today.
  • by caring on Apr 25, 2011 at 06:41 AM
    Could we get an update on his condition?
  • by Theresa Ronan Price Location: Bear Grass on Apr 25, 2011 at 05:55 AM
    Randy, hope you are doing fine. You definately had an angel with you. Will be praying for you and your family. Have a speedy recovery.
  • by robert Scovill Location: smyrna on Apr 24, 2011 at 08:29 PM
    When witnesses say the engine sputtered and cut out before the crash it has been my observation that undetectable water in the fuel tank may be something to consider as a possible cause. Pending the discovery of some catastrophic engine failure I would check for undetectable water in the fuel tanks. The probability that the engine ran out of air and or spark is low. In my opinion, I would test another aircraft just like this one by pouring 16 ounces of red dyed water into the fuel tanks of the aircraft while parked in its normal ground attitude. Go to the sump drains and try to positively identify and remove the entire 16 ounces of red dyed water you just poured into the fuel tanks. It either works or it does not. Depending, it just might be a clue to the engine loss. My sincere condolences to all the family. For the last ten years I have tried to bring this indicated design flaw to the forefront of general aviation. It pains me to learn of more deaths that might have been saved as those charged with oversight, NTSB and FAA continue to fail pilots and families.
  • by Donnie Location: New BernE on Apr 24, 2011 at 03:59 PM
    Randy wanted you to know i was thinking about you and will be praying for you and your family. I'm so glad that you are ok,,don't scare me like that again..take care Donnie
  • by Donnie on Apr 24, 2011 at 03:54 PM
    Randy just wanted you to know I will be praying for you and your family and i'm glad you are ok,,,take care Donnie Lamm
  • by Houstons Location: Washington on Apr 24, 2011 at 12:09 PM
    Randy and family-you are all in our thoughts and prayers. We hope for a speedy recovery!
  • by Tony Location: Williamston on Apr 24, 2011 at 10:08 AM
    We pray for a speedy recovery. You all are wonderful people. God bless you.
  • by Rich on Apr 24, 2011 at 08:29 AM
    I honestly think I witnessed this plane crash. My girlfriend and I were on our way to the beach from Greenville and a small plan flew 10 feet over our car and then circled around and crashed into a wheat field. It was the scariest thing I have ever seen.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120553224 - witn.com/a?a=120553224