UPDATE: Man Found Dead In Parking Lot

Greenville police are investigating the murder of a Greene County man. 25-year-old Maurice Campbell was found with a gunshot wound, in the parking lot of a Greenville apartment complex on Paul Circle early Saturday morning.

Campbell's aunt, Viola Williams, says she raised him in her Snow Hill home since he was 2-years-old. She says he started living in Greenville about 6 months ago. He'd been in some trouble - and says Campbell recently told her that he wanted to turn his life around and was thinking about going to school.

"Maurice was a good person - loved life, loved having fun, loved to party, be with his friends. He was just an all-around person," said Viola Williams.

PREVIOUS STORY:
A man was found dead Saturday morning in an apartment parking lot in Greenville and now police are trying to figure out what happened.

According to Greenville Police they responded to a report of a person in a parking lot behind the apartments at 110 Paul Circle around 3:48 a.m. When officers arrived they found 25-year-old Larry Campbell of Snow Hill dead from an apparent gunshot wound.

Detectives have gathered evidence and talked to witnesses, but continue to investigate. Police have not released any more details about the case.

If you have any information about this case you can contact the Greenville Police Department. The Pitt-Greenville Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for information leading to an arrest in this case.

• by the one with drama Location: get a life on Jan 6, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    well said denise!
  • by denise Location: greene county on Dec 30, 2010 at 05:56 AM
    lord please help these people that think they are perfect, that never msde a bad decission in life. noone really knew this young mans heart but God so let God judge him. the mothers of the kids he left behind are the ones that have to answer the question....WHY! So if you never lived a fraction of his life or walked in his shoes don't post your comments.the ones making these comments probably didn't know him anyway. His life had many chapters but you only want to read the ones that intrest you. Read his whole story don't skip any pages you might miss the best part of his life. Baby mamas be strong for your kids, i know its hard but God has already gave you the strength to handle this situation when the time comes. be blessed
  • by Justice will be served!! Location: Payback on Dec 26, 2010 at 06:32 PM
    Tha Truth will be Told I have a personal vendatta against your killer or Killers, I'm filled with so much rage!!!! but this is not my Battle. For it is written - Deuteronomy 32:35. Vengeance is mine - That is, it belongs to me to inflict revenge. This expression implies that it is "improper" for people to interfere with that which properly belongs to God. When we are angry, and attempt to avenge ourselves, we should remember, therefore, that we are infringing on the prerogatives of the Almighty. I will repay ... - This is said in substance, though not in so many words, in Deuteronomy 32:35-36. Its design is to assure us that those who deserve to be punished, shall be; and that, therefore, the business of revenge may be safely left in the bands of God. Though "we" should not do it, yet if it ought to be done, it will be done. This assurance will sustain as, not in the "desire" that our enemy shall be punished, but in the belief that "God" will take the matter into his own hands; that he can administer it better than we can; and that if our enemy "ought" to be punished, he will be. "We," therefore, should leave it all with God. That God will vindicate his people, is clearly and abundantly proved in 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10; Revelation 6:9-11; Deuteronomy 32:40-43.
  • by Neko Curtis Location: greenville on Dec 22, 2010 at 08:17 AM
    i want this person to pay for what ever he done to my cuz an that he will pay dearly i am really hurt an my cuz was going the right track of geting his life toghter but some how he was in the wrong path he was a good person a kind an lovable i just want him back i love him so much ill i think that we need to stop this crim that is going on my cuz was only 25 didnt see to live to see xmas do you think that fair for this person who shot him to walk around an act like nothing happen i dont think so i think they should pay for it you what ever you done to someone it going to happen to you ten time fow you dont do wrong an get away with it . there is a price you pay .beleived me you will pay ill hurt from this an my family greenville need to be on there game an found the person killed my cuz. that what i feel in hurt .
  • by reply to oh yea on Dec 21, 2010 at 07:04 PM
    Just because he was in prison does not make him a bad person. People make mistakes in life and that is not for you to judge. My husband is a convicted felon for something that he did when he was 18 and he is now 45. My husband has raised three wonderful children and he is a wonderful person. Sometimes people make mistakes but anyone can change and become a better person. My husband is now and ordained minister. I would just appreciate if people would keep their negative comments to theirselves and its mostly because he is black. Just because he is black does not make him a thug. You people need to grow up and quit being racist. Black has nothing to do with it because I am white.
  • by sisterhazel on Dec 21, 2010 at 06:54 PM
    I agree with his first cousin that you people up here need to watch what you say. I did not know this boy but i can only imagine what his family is going through. And now his children have to live without a father in there life. Some of you people up here make me sick because if this was your loved one you wouldn't say the things you say. My thoughts and prayers go out to this family and I hope that you are able to get through the holidays. I know that this is going to be one of the hardest times you have to face but know that despite all the negative things commented on here that there are people who care.
  • by Junior Location: Greenville on Dec 21, 2010 at 04:39 PM
    They are always " such a nice and caring person". Makes me want to puke.
  • by Citizen on Dec 21, 2010 at 04:34 PM
    I hope this young mans family will be able to make through Christmas during this time. I feel bad that his kids are now without a father. I know some of the people at the party knows who shot this man. Please come forward and help the Police solve this murder.
  • by His First Cousin Location: Pamlico County on Dec 21, 2010 at 01:31 PM
    I'm sick of you negative people. Do somthing better with your time other than trying talk bad about someone.You never knew what this man had to go thru in life, so worry about your children or grandchildren when they become his age. My gosh this is the holidays his kids and parents are the ones suffering so yall need to watch what you say.
  • by a family member Location: pamlico on Dec 21, 2010 at 01:24 PM
    Being that I have only known him for a short time he was a very friendly person.And for anyone to say those things about someone should have more respect for his family. @ oh yeah before you want to talk about someone learn how spell.And that is in a nice way. Just please be more respectful. R.I.P COUSIN

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112126704 - witn.com/a?a=112126704