Man Critical At PCMH After Shooting, Robbery

A Rocky Mount man was critically wounded after a robbery at his home Monday night.

Joseph Maxwell is in critical condition at Pitt County Memorial Hospital after being shot in the head and body.

Police say two men wearing masks, gloves and dark clothing came into the man's home on Edgecombe Street around 8:20 p.m. They left after shooting the 42-year-old man, taking money, the house phone and other property.

So far police have not made any arrests. If you have information on this crime you should call Crime Stoppers at 252-977-1111.

• by what a shame on Jan 4, 2011 at 05:28 PM
    It's a shame they didn't run in my house.....a few big, mean dogs and some good old boys with guns live there.
  • by JusticeForAll on Jan 4, 2011 at 02:13 PM
    "Seriously", law enforcement are NOT your personal bodyguards or security company. Personal safety and security is YOUR responsibility as a citizen. If you won't protect yourself, then you need to know that NOBODY ELSE has a duty or legal obligation to protect you. The government has lied to you your whole life. Google the court case for "Warren Vs. DC". The Supreme Court has ruled on this. Wake up--they aren't there to protect you--only to investigate crimes AFTER they happen, and arrest suspects after the fact...
  • by To: Coolchange Location: Home on Jan 4, 2011 at 02:10 PM
    I keep a Glock in all 5 rooms of my house. At any given moment there is one within reach....and in the bathroom I keep a shotgun in there because when i'm on my throne I don't care if the front and back door bust open...I'm not getting off my throne till I'm finished LOL.
  • by rocky mount telegram Location: rocky mount on Jan 4, 2011 at 01:09 PM
    the rocky mount paper has not even reported this .just a few blocks from my home. dont ya think we ought to know when something like this happens?
  • by Boarded Up on Jan 4, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    About every 5th house is boarded up on Edgecombe Street. It's beginning to look a lot like Detroit. No wonder the crime rate is so high in RM.
  • by coolchange Location: Kinston on Jan 4, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    It's getting bad when you feel you have to wear a sidearm everywhere you go in your own home. I'm going to start wearing my Glock in the house just because of things like this.
  • by Seriously on Jan 4, 2011 at 12:17 PM
    Is there law enforcement in Rocky Mount, Wayne County, or Halifax County?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112885074 - witn.com/a?a=112885074