Man Critical At PCMH After Shooting

A man is in critical condition at Pitt County Memorial Hospital after being shot Wednesday night in Kinston.

Police say Robert Ham, Jr. was found shot in the hip after they got a call to a home on Old Snow Hill Road. Police say evidence shows the shooting happened at 402 Williams Street, which is located behind where Ham was found.

A K-9 unit did led officers to a location where a man was found, who admitted to being at the shooting scene and then running away. So far that man hasn't been charged with the shooting, but was arrested on an outstanding warrant in Greene County.

• by jerry Location: kinston on May 26, 2011 at 10:54 AM
    the jails are overcrowded so the judge just gives them probation. well here is idea do like they do in ariz? put up a big fence and make them stay in tents more convicts? make the fence bigger and buy a few more tents
      by Just Me on May 26, 2011 at 01:47 PM in reply to jerry
      Sounds like a smart idea to me...oh and feed them bread n water !
      by PB and Jelly and water on May 26, 2011 at 02:53 PM in reply to jerry
      Bologna or PB&J sandwiches. Cheap and they don't really deserve that.
  • by swo Location: g-ville on May 26, 2011 at 08:09 AM
    AMEN TO THAT THOUGHT
  • by Crime - Circle of trouble on May 26, 2011 at 07:42 AM
    It seems like crime is just a circle of trouble. So many of these crimes are by repeat offenders. This country needs a huge change in regards to punishment. I am not going as far as "an eye for an eye", but I wouldn't protest it if they brought it back. All I am saying is a guy can't steal a third time if he doesn't have two hands.
      by rl on May 26, 2011 at 03:39 PM in reply to Crime - Circle of trouble
      You get my vote
      by Educated Black Male on May 29, 2011 at 12:11 PM in reply to Crime - Circle of trouble
      "Repeat Offender" Do you mean the person who has payed their "debt to society" and has been released into a world that will have absolutely nothing to do with them? Example, "It is against our corporate policy to hire Felons" or, "It is against our corporate policy to approve rental applications for anyone with a criminal background." I'm not saying that these individuals are not responsible for putting themselves in this situation, THEY ARE! However, I don't see any clear path for these individuals to become the nice law-abiding taxpaying citizens that you want them to be. There is little to no opportunity for self-improvement. This is where the "Repeat Offender" becomes trapped. No job, no where to live, but this person still has to feed themselves and their families. Oh yeah, they will also violate probation and return to jail if they can not meet the state mandated supervision fees. Many "Repeat Offenders" are committing crimes to "pay-off" the system. "SMH" It's clear to me because I actually care! You solve these problems, and you will see a sharp decline in "Repeat Offenders". I just call it like I see it! It's easy to run your mouth about something you never attempted to understand. (Eastern NC seems to have an extremely high percentage of this type of behavior) It's another thing to actually analyze the real issues that plague this nation. If this concept went over your head, don't worry about it, I wasn't talking to you anyway...

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 122654619 - witn.com/a?a=122654619