Teen Critical After Sunday Shooting

An 18-year-old Jacksonville man is in critical condition at a Wilmington hospital after being shot Sunday morning.

Police say Anthony General was shot around 6:00 a.m. in the 1200 block of River Street.

The teen told police that he was shot by a man who left the area in a black car with several passengers.

So far police have not made any arrests. Anyone with information on the shooting should call Jacksonville police at 910-938-6405 or Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273.

• by FAMILY Location: FAYETTEVILLE on Dec 28, 2010 at 08:59 PM
    I WOULD LIKE TO THANK ALL THOSE WHO ASSISTED AND HELPED MY NEPHEW AFTER HE WAS SHOT. IF NO ONE ELSE HAS SAID IT....THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS YOU!
  • by Witness Location: Jville on Dec 21, 2010 at 03:48 PM
    I'm one of the neighbors that actually looked outside, called the police and found this kid being dragged down my driveway. Thankfully my other neighbor is a nurse, neither of us knew this kids background or where his moral compass was pointing. He was simply a kid that had been shot and needed help, so WE left our homes to help as all of his comrades ran off. My hope is for a conviction on his previous charges, and a realization that his life needs to change when strangers are doing more for him than his own "friends". I'd also like to throw this out there, if you are selling a house to a young couple with a child, make them aware of the neighborhood they are moving into instead of driving them in the 'nicer' way....thanks lady. Tip of the hat to you and your commission.
  • by 40 Location: jville on Dec 20, 2010 at 09:54 PM
    If he hadn't been out on bail this wouldn't have happened. He needs/needed hard time to look at his life. It was lucky one of the neighbors wasn't killed. A lady interveiwed, "I was with my 6 month old..." The boy was outside her home.
  • by Respect Location: Greenville on Dec 20, 2010 at 09:08 PM
    The name "respect" was chosen because I was hoping to encourage folks to have some for themselves, not for crime. Have some self respect and think about the gross generalizations and impulsive rage you convey here. You reflect upon this region as a hateful vindictive society. I encourage you to be civil and reverent when talking about any human being facing injury or loss of life. I'm disgusted as much at these folks' behavior as you are- but embarassed to live among people who communicate in this way.
  • by Mike Location: Jax on Dec 20, 2010 at 04:47 PM
    To: 40- you can run but you can't hide.LOL This sounds like yet another, "repeat offender". At least Nebraska Watkins hasn't been in the news.
  • by No Respect @ 6 A.M. on Dec 20, 2010 at 01:17 PM
    I don't know this person, I don't live near the area. I don't hang around people that carry guns. I'm not out on the street @ 6 A.M. I've never been associated with anyone that was shot or that shot someone else. I couldn't even imagine someone doing this to another human being. Anyone involved is obviously no one I'd have anything to do with. I can't give them respect unless this was an innocent by-stander that was shot. 6 A.M. Sunday morning? There are not usually innocent by-standers at that time. Therefore, no respect.
  • by 40 Location: jville on Dec 20, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    Respect is a thing people have to earn. Maybe if this boy weren't robbing people's homes in the area, stealing cars and leading police on dangerous chases where innocent civilians are injured, carrying guns he would deserve respect. Til then he can do us all a favor. His trial date is Jan 4 for previous offenses. If he lives long enough he'll be able to brag to his homies how he took a bullet and how when he gets out how he's gonna pop a cap in somebody. The areawhere the shooting occured is populated and he had no regard for the safety of other residents in their homes, so why should we care about this scum.
  • by To 6:00am on Dec 20, 2010 at 10:40 AM
    You are dyslexic. ;) I also thought guns were illegal to fire on Sunday? The blue laws. 6am is too early. Stay in bed next time.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 20, 2010 at 09:42 AM
    Guns and drugs don't mix. That area is a drug haven and a gang haven. Watch out for yourself in J'ville!
  • by respect Location: greenville on Dec 20, 2010 at 09:17 AM
    None of this is funny- the irreverent posts on this television station's website are shockingly insensitive. Please think before you type something on the internet: "would I say this in public?"

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112183744 - witn.com/a?a=112183744