Man Charged With Killing Brother

A dispute between two brothers has left one of them dead and another in jail charged with murder.

Wilson County deputies say Emmett Hall died from a single gunshot wound after a shooting Wednesday afternoon. It happened at the victim's home on Sharpe Store Road outside of Elm City.

They say Hall's brother, Charles, ran into the wooded area behind the home and was located a short time later.

Witnesses tell deputies that the two brothers had a physical fight before the shooting. Charles Hall was taken to Wilson Medical Center for treatment of injuries received in that fight. His mug shot shows obvious injuries from that fight.

Hall has a Friday first appearance before a judge on the murder charge.

• by Lisa Location: WV on Feb 3, 2011 at 02:45 PM
    To Joseph or AKA Mike or whatever you would like to call yourself.... As far as looking into the victims background, his background is not a factor in this situation. For that matter what about Bobby's background?!?!?! Please continue to pray for my family! What matters is what happened with this situation, the facts and the detectives have the facts and evidence to support his charges. I Hope and Pray for the Death Penalty!!!!
  • by Dixie Location: NC on Jan 25, 2011 at 08:16 AM
    I am Frances' half sister. She is on facebook too. She is Frances Lindstrom now.
  • by Frances Location: Ohio on Jan 25, 2011 at 08:13 AM
    I am also on Facebook. Frances Greene Lindstrom. Thank you so much.God bless you.
  • by Frances Location: Ohio on Jan 25, 2011 at 07:06 AM
    On Facebook,Frances Greene Lindstrom. I would love to hear from all my family.Thank you so much.
  • by Kenneth's cousin on Jan 25, 2011 at 06:27 AM
    Frances,all of Kenneth's daughters are on Facebook.... How can they reach you?
  • by Frances Location: Ohio on Jan 24, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    Kenneth Hall was my father also.I am his oldest.He was in my life for only 18 months about 8 yrs ago.Everyday I regret that we did not keep in touch,everyday I prayed for him. I love my Dad,he was a sweet kind and loving man to me and my kids.My heart is broken,I am all alone in this because I never met any of my sisters or brothers. As for Bobby,he is a horrible person. I know from personal experience.My dad was not in my life until my thirties but I know without any doubt that he LOVED his children and grandkids. I am so sorry he is gone.I loved him,just as if he were always aroound.I am so saddened that I will never feel his hugs again.It would mean very much to me to hear from my sisters. I love you Dad,rest in sweet peace.
  • by Dixie Location: NC on Jan 24, 2011 at 11:21 AM
    Emmett Kenenth Hall was my mom's first husband any my sister's father. I never met him; however, my sister is really upset by this. It doesn't matter what he did in his life, no one deserves to be have their life taken. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Hall Family.
  • by joseph Location: church hill on Jan 23, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    I knew both Hall brothers.I think they need to look closer into the charges on Charles.These brothers have done a lot of stuff to each other.I think the police need to look into the history of the Victim of this crime before they charge in this case.I know Charles spent a month in the hospital from being stabbed by his brother that he shot....
  • by SHELIA Location: ERIE PA on Jan 22, 2011 at 05:55 PM
    KENNETH WAS MY BROTHER-IN-LAW SO I HAVE KNOWN BOTH OF THEM ALONG TIME. WHAT HAPPENED WAS COLD BLOODED MURDER AND WE AS A FAMILY WILL BE THERE TO FACE BOBBY WITH KENNETHS DAUGHTER LISA SHE IS MY NEICE. NO MAN DESERVES TO BE COWARDLY SHOT IN THE BACK. IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE FAMILY KEEP YOUR MOUTH OFF THEM. THERE ALWAYS COMES JUDGEMENT DAY!
  • by Lisa (Hall) Location: WV on Jan 22, 2011 at 05:33 AM
    The ones who like to post Ignorant Comments can go right ahead and post them. I know what kind of man my Dad was, and your ignorant comments can NEVER change that. My Dad was murdered on that day and I know in my heart that justice will be served, the evidence does not lie! Bobby may, but the evidence does not! Please Continue to Pray for myself and my Sisters we need prayers so much right now!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114280924 - witn.com/a?a=114280924