UPDATE: Beaufort County Murder Suspect Case Continued

40-year-old Michael Moore faces murder charges for the death of 46-year-old Carolyn Cseko-Rawls.

He's made a brief court appearance in Beaufort County Court Tuesday before his case was continued. A new date hasn't been set yet.

Moore already had a lengthy criminal record, including assault on a female.

Police answered a domestic call earlier this month at Quail Ridge Apartments, where Rawls lived.

Authorities say Moore stabbed Rawls to death.

Residents say the two lived in the apartment together.

PREVIOUS STORY:

A Washington man remains behind bars, charged in the murder of a
Washington woman.

Police say Michael Moore is charged with an open count of felony
murder. They got a domestic call to Runyon Road shortly after
midnight on Tuesday and found the victim, who they say had been in
a fight with the 40-year-old Moore.

Court documents say the victim was Carolyn Cseko-Rawls. The
murder happened at Quail Ridge Apartments, and according to the property manager, the victim lived in the apartment.

Her daughter, Brittaney, says her mother was the best mom in the world. Brittaney said they were best friends, and her mom was going to be her maid of honor at her April wedding. Rawls also leaves behind a son.

Moore is in the Beaufort County jail and has had a first court appearance. His next court appearance is expected this month.

Authorities say a knife was the weapon used in the crime.

The Department of Correction web site show Moore has a lengthy criminal record, dating back to 1996. Convictions include those for assault, assault on a female, DWI, larceny, shoplifting and arson.

The DOC says Moore was released from prison in June after serving time for a probation revocation.

• by Penny Location: ENC on Apr 26, 2011 at 10:17 AM
    Could we please get an update on what happened in court on 3-31? Carrie's daughter got married Saturday and there was an empty seat in the church as well as and empty space in many hearts. I hope justice is served in this case.
  • by Carrie's Friend Location: Washington NC on Mar 5, 2011 at 05:31 PM
    Michael Moore has court on 3-31-11. Pray that justice is served.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 29, 2010 at 05:15 AM
    "Case continued, no date set." WHY, we're wasting money folks, try him and fry him.
  • by jay Location: roc city on Dec 28, 2010 at 09:12 PM
    i been though the same thing and all i heard was call me if u need something.give everybody bout a week stay want know u.
  • by ME Location: Perrytown on Dec 28, 2010 at 01:16 PM
    Brittaney and Michael my prayers are with you as you go through all of the court proceedings today and in the future. Hold your head high and know that God is with you and there are a lot of prayers being sent your way.
  • by laff, yeah right- guess Location: nc on Dec 28, 2010 at 07:22 AM
    reap wut you sow moore...."The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you."
  • by Aunt B on Dec 28, 2010 at 06:51 AM
    Children hold your head high in that courtroom today. Feel all the love and support from your friends and those of us who don't know you personally. God Bless!
  • by Faye Location: Pensacola on Dec 21, 2010 at 04:34 PM
    To mrswr, Thank you but I know my Bible and I know that what was posted is in there...but to suggest to her family that "I hope she was saved" at a time like this was unnecessary. These people have lost a mother, sister, and a daughter, they are grieving and don't need it now. I am not being ugly, I know them and I knew Carrie and I am being very careful what and how I post this and the previous response.
  • by Brittaney on Dec 18, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    To those saying they need more on the story please stop acting like you care and stop being nosey, you have enough information to tell all your neighbors now so go do so I suppose you dont need to kno anything except for I no longer have a mother and neither does my brother, her parents lost a child and her brother and sister lost a sibling, so how about you show a little more respect for her and mind your own business. Thanks
  • by f Location: washington on Dec 16, 2010 at 08:01 AM
    WE NEED MORE ON THIS STORY!!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111442134 - witn.com/a?a=111442134