Locals: State Of The Country Needs To Improve

Many people from across Eastern Carolina sat down and watched President Obama's State of the Union Tuesday night.

We asked people in Greenville to share their thoughts on the state of the country. They had lots of different responses, but all agree things need to get better. The number one issue nearly everyone we spoke to mentioned is jobs and the economy. Some say the president is on track. Others say they just don't approve of the job he's doing.

"I think he's done a wonderful job and I think he's going to continue that. I think he's going to be re-elected president, and we're going to have the best time since Clinton," said Stanley Wagner.

"I don't hope for anything from him. We showed him in November and we'll show him again in 2012," said Edward Bizet.

Others we talked with said the president had a lot riding on Tuesday night's speech, especially if he hopes to get re-elected.

• by James Location: Greenville on Jan 26, 2011 at 02:55 PM
    I have lost faith in our City Council.
  • by I with "Where's my Post" on Jan 26, 2011 at 04:12 AM
    This is about the only website I visit where it takes on average an hour for your post to appear. And as you stated LOTS of times the post doesn't even show up. What kind of Mickey Mouse set-up does WITN run for screening/posting comments? It must be anyone that works for WITN and has a little free time can monitor a story's comments and decide whether they want to post it or not. And I agree that if WITN can't find a better method.....DO AWAY WITH THE COMMENTS ALL TOGETHER!!!!!
  • by Melvin Location: Jacksonville on Jan 25, 2011 at 10:35 PM
    People, government doesn't make a country better it is the people that make the country better if we are allowed to do so without the yoke of oppressive government regulations around our necks. The people of this Country are industrious, hard working, and will respond to our Nation's plight, but government place to many impediments in our way. Bottom line people government looks out for government, just look at the unfunded portion of the public employee pension funds that this state cannot afford, Bev Perdue must renagotiate, this is the single most exspensive entitlement facing North Carolinians today. In its present form it is completely unsustainable. NC cannot afford this, and expect to get out from our own deficit. I don't want to become a ward of the federal government, because that is whom Bev Perdue expects to bail North Carolina out from the excesses of past Democrat legislatures.
  • by wook wa Location: wilson on Jan 25, 2011 at 10:21 PM
    Whine, whine, whine !
  • by wook wa Location: wilson on Jan 25, 2011 at 10:08 PM
    Think of it this way: If everyone started to work on making their OWN homes, apartments, schools, jobs, neighborhoods, towns, cities states better eventually the whole COUNTRY would be better. Also, why do so many folks complain and insist that the government is TOO big, then continue to whine and complain when the government tries to do something about problems ? I would bet that these same folks would also whine and complain if the government did NOTHING ! Seems to me that there are just too many WHINERS and not enough DOERS !
  • by sea trout Location: hyde county on Jan 25, 2011 at 09:43 PM
    totally agree with above post. Remove my former comment. Thanks.
  • by where is my post? on Jan 25, 2011 at 08:46 PM
    why aren't posts posted??? does WITN need to hire some help to monitor posts???? Its been over 2 hours and my post just disregarded I guess just like other posts I have made. NO insults or bad language either. Freedom of Speech HA!! If witn can not mange the posts and have them posted in timely manner HIRE SOME HELP YOU TIGHT WADES!! or Stop allowing Posts altogether. Now the Media has control over freedom of speech how ironic!!
  • by Black Business Owner Location: Greenville on Jan 25, 2011 at 07:03 PM
    President Obama is completely, 100% gainst small business and the American dream. He wants nothing more then for America to turn into a sociolist country where wealth is distributed to everybody and there is no desire to be successful and achieve you just have to give it to the have-nots and their "I'm entitled" mentatality. No where in the Constitution does it say that the government, either federal and national, is responsible for essentially breathing for you from birth till death. Grow some lungs and be responsible for your own breathing.
  • by Back Location: Gvlle on Jan 25, 2011 at 06:40 PM
    Wonderful job huh? Let's see; housing starts, worse in history; inflation on the rise, $for a barrel of oil is dropping but gas prices are rising,; gitmo still open; still at war; NO transparency; more handouts; chicago style politics; special treatment for unions; more special treatment for government officials; apologizing to the world for making this country great; sucking up to dictators; refusing to go with the American majority by saying the ground zero mosque is just ethically wrong; not prosecuting black panthers for obvious illegal intimidation acts; no prosecution of acorn or employees involved in ILLEGAL activities with taxpayers money; taking control of privately owned businesses; blame bush for all his problems even though congress controlled for 4 years; politics as usual. My goodness I could go on ALL night with what this wanna be president, community organizer has done and not done. Very, very little for the American majority. Facts, not feel good liberal spew.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 114613424 - witn.com/a?a=114613424