Loaded BB Pistol Found In Student's Locker

There's been another case of a student found with a BB pistol at an Onslow County school.

Deputies say Friday morning a 12-year-old was seen on the school bus with the loaded BB pistol. It was reported to school officials once the bus got to Hunter's Creek Middle School and a school resource officer found the weapon inside the student's locker after a search.

The 12-year-old will be charged with having a weapon on school grounds while the school system will take action against the student as well.

• by Anonymous on Apr 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM
    It is clear, you did not get a good education, as it is apparent from your spelling and grammer. It has nothing to do with "being the only white kid". Children of every color are picked on, and children of every color are bullies. My son is white, and got bullied by white boys. I have another son who was (and I repeat WAS) a bully, and he only bullied white boys (that I know of). It happens, it has always happened, and if the parent is so narrowminded to think it is a race issue ONLY, then you need help!
  • by Red Ryder Location: New Bern on Apr 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM
    Ask Ralphie if it is a weapon......."You shoot your eye out kid".
  • by EC JOYNER Location: NASH COUNTY on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM
    Bullying is a big problem in schools today. I try to teach my boys to go to school to get a descent job in years to come. And my boy got bullied at school allot. On the bus they were the only whites on the bus. They got picked on all the time. The other boy’s wood hit them throw thing at them. But nobody on the bus sow nothing. sow the school did nothing about it. I started taking them my self. I pay taxes my boy's have a right to ride the bus. No child needs to put up with that. Now who is being raciest they are to my children
      by US-First on Apr 8, 2011 at 08:20 PM in reply to EC JOYNER
      You had the right to put a video camera in their hand. You also had the right to ride the bus with them to better assess the problem. You have an obligation not to give up on the issue. Too many of us have done that now for too long. We have allowed our public schools, public transportation, public library's and parks to be hijacked through reciprocity and government entitlement. It needs to end.
  • by EC JOYNER Location: NASH COUNTY on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM
  • by EC JOYNER Location: NASH COUNTY on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM
  • by EC JOYNER Location: NASH COUNTY on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:05 AM
  • by LILY Location: greenville on Apr 8, 2011 at 09:54 AM
    Strong communication with kids is the only way all of this will stop. Parents so easily blame the school, well they are bringing the weapons and the inappropriate behaviors from your home. I know you all will say, he is not a problem at home. Of course not, you send him to the room with facebook, twitter,x-box, etc. and I am sure you don't see him all day and most of the night. At school, we actually talk to your children We see them more than most of you do. All we ask is that you talk to your children. Sit around the dinner table, talk in the car. Don't let them tell you that nothing went on in school or that they don't know about things. Encourage them to share when they are angry or scared. Be a role model. Visit your local school. Eat lunch with your children. Let them know that the community is watching out for the school. There are so many people who don't work or are out of work, they should volunteer some time at a school. See the problems that are there and help us fix them. These are YOUR children and we need your help to keep them safe. Parents often don't know when their kids are in trouble. Come to a school and you will get a wealth of knowledge just by observing how these kids act when away from home. It will take all of us to help this generation become successful. If we really continue to blame one another and not focus on the child, they all will still be left behind and the prisons will continue to fill up with OUR young people. You are your child's first TEACHER. Make the most out their innocents. Teach them how to love and care for others and how that love will be returned to them. Sorry for the soapbox. Just tired of the school getting blamed for all of the misfortunes of young people in today's society. Parenting is a PLUS and a MUST!
      by GC Mom on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:47 AM in reply to LILY
      Amen to you Lilly!
      by mommyof6 on Apr 8, 2011 at 12:47 PM in reply to LILY
      Amen! Education starts in the home, and teachers can only do so much. I agree with another poster.....we need to find out WHY he felt he should (or could) bring it to school in the first place. There are many teachers and school administrators who think that bullying is an excuse, I don't think so. The issue is why do children feel that they have no other choice than to fight back....what happened to good old TATTLING???????????
  • by Dave Location: Wilson on Apr 8, 2011 at 09:40 AM
    A BB pistol is not a "weapon" and is less dangerous than a sharp pencil/pen or a rubber band.
      by KG on Apr 8, 2011 at 10:56 AM in reply to Dave
      Ummmm Dave, this is considered a weapon and are you saying that he should be allowed to carry it to school?!? Have you ever shot a bb gun before, they are very dangerous and because of that they are considered a weapon
  • by Parent Location: Kinston on Apr 8, 2011 at 09:31 AM
    He did learn a lesson. That if he takes a fire arm to school he could be suspended. Most likely he was in fear of someone and maybe this is what he wanted? I have a small child in elementary school and she's very petite and gets picked on alot. All I ask of her is if she doesn't tell me there is nothing I can do about it. I've been to the school multiple times and talked with the principle about it. Usually it's taken care of. Example my 7 yr old 3rd grade child was bitten by a 10yr old 5th grader on the bus for no apparent reason. And this was ridiculous but also taken care of. I also wish my child didn't have to ride the school bus but with my working hours I have no other option. If the fire arms were locked up in their home the kids also wouldn't have access to them to be able to take them to school.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 8, 2011 at 08:38 AM
    There is so much of this. OBVIOUSLY these kids do not feel safe in school. Let's look at why they are being brought to school instead of JUST punishing the kid. Punish yes, but there is a definite reason there are so many doing this. I do not always think it is because of anger and hatred. Maybe it is fear. These schools are doing NOTHING about bullying and end up punishing the victim as well for defending themselves. NOT FAIR.
      by Rediculous on Apr 8, 2011 at 09:53 AM in reply to
      Obviously anonymous you are soooo far removed from the 12 year old school of thought. These students are not bringing the BB guns to school because they are in fear. They bring them to impress their buddies and/or to bully others, as was the case a few weeks back when one student was shot with a BB gun by a group of bullies. I guess you think that the elementary student who was selling "marker knives" feared for his safety too?!? Welcome to the real world where today's youth often act without considering the consequences...
        by US-First on Apr 8, 2011 at 08:09 PM in reply to Rediculous
        And what day was it in the real world when youth regularly considering the consequences before acting?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119474809 - witn.com/a?a=119474809