Kinston Trucker Killed In Pennsylvania Crash

State police in Pennsylvania say a Kinston man was killed in an early morning accident on Interstate 81.

The victim has been identified as 40-year-old Albert Hill, Jr.

Troopers say the accident happened around 1:00 a.m. Friday morning in Luzerne County, that's south of Wilkes-Barre.

They say Hill's tractor trailer was northbound when it drove off the left side of the road and struck a rock embankment. Hill was thrown from the cab and died at the scene.

State police say their investigation into why Hill's rig went off the interstate is continuing.

• by Gus Roberson Location: Greenville, NC on Jan 3, 2012 at 07:07 AM
    This is very sad. I went to high school with Al's brother Brad and his wife Amy. My heart goes out to the family.
  • by Jerry Chase Location: Kinston on Jan 1, 2012 at 09:36 AM
    A good friend to me. I never called him that he didn't come to my rescue. I could always talk to him about anything. I'm praying for the family and for him. If you need anything let me know. RIP Big Al miss you!!!
  • by Rainie Location: Kinston on Jan 1, 2012 at 09:20 AM
    Such a wonderful person who made the best of everything. He made you laugh even at the bad things that were happening in your life as well as the good. Kinston lost another good person. We will miss you for sure. Praying for the family and all that knew him.
  • by Steve Harper Location: snow hill on Dec 31, 2011 at 08:34 AM
    Al and I had some great times through high school and in the early 90s but had lost touch over the years. i saw him at work not to long ago and luckly took some time to catch up and share some old memories. he will be missed.
  • by Kim Grondin Daniels Location: Cove City on Dec 30, 2011 at 08:09 PM
    My Al...OM....You were the only one who had anything to do with me when I moved to Deep Run...I loved you so much like a Big Brother...Blonde is what your dad called me....I love you Al..RIP. I love you!
  • by MICHELLE Location: KINSTON on Dec 30, 2011 at 07:21 PM
    RIP BIG AL. YOU WILL BE MISSED BY MANY. PRAYING FOR THE FAMILY AT THIS TIME OF NEED.
  • by pete Location: grifton on Dec 30, 2011 at 05:47 PM
    I didn't know him but I saw him at a funeral in Kinston wed for another trucker he was a pallbearer.that is sad. a
  • by Tammy Outlaw Location: pink hill, nc on Dec 30, 2011 at 05:19 PM
    He was a great friend and will be dearly missed.
  • by deidra Location: kinston on Dec 30, 2011 at 03:10 PM
    Such a nice guy! My prayers go out to his family during this time of sadness. May God give you comfort to understand HIS will.
  • by Melissa Location: Richlands on Dec 30, 2011 at 01:44 PM
    We will miss him very much. RIP

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136430418 - witn.com/a?a=136430418