Kinston Robbery And Kidnapping Investigation

Police in Kinston were on the scene Saturday morning investigating a robbery and kidnapping.

Lawmen say it happened around 7:50 p.m. Friday night.

They say a man and a woman were in a home on the 700 Block of Barton Avenue when suspects forced their way into the home armed with guns.

Authorities say a male homeowner was assaulted and both victims were restrained while items were taken from the home.

They say while being held against their will, the man was able to escape to a near by gas station and called the police.

There were no serious injuries and the victims were not taken to the hospital.

Police are looking for two suspects in this case. If you have any information call the Kinston police or Kinston Crime Stoppers.

• by Marty Location: Jax on Jan 8, 2012 at 09:34 PM
    There was nothing false about it. They were imprisoned. Kidnapped. Captured. Call it what you like. As for politics. What ever happened to democrat and republican? I'm a card carrying democrat. I own guns and will cap anyone that breaks into my home. Then ask questions.
  • by Frank Constanza Location: New York on Jan 7, 2012 at 11:49 AM
    Actually, I would like to keep politics out of this; however, I guess someone was trying to make out my political affiliation by reading my comments that I left. First of all I am not a liberal. Not now, not ever. I am a conservative. When I read these little blurbs that WITN post as news, I wonder how accurate they are. I would think if a person was restrained/tied up in their own house that would be: false imprisonment not kidnapping. When I do leave comments on here, I do not belittle anyone in doing so. It is easy for me or anyone else to call someone names behind a keyboard. That's not me. I will explain my side of the argument or sometimes we will agree to disagree. Thank you. Frank.
  • by dirty harry Location: Washington on Jan 7, 2012 at 11:32 AM
    Good thing he got loose because if he didn't he was good as dead for sure.it sounds like he needs to buy some heavy artillery for next time. U hear someone at ur door shoot then check who's laying there.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 7, 2012 at 10:17 AM
    I believe Frank would be correct, Kidnapping implies someone took you from some place, False imprisonment would be not letting someone leave of thier own free will.
      by c on Jan 7, 2012 at 10:43 AM in reply to
      In a home invasion, if you tie someone up and move them to "another" room, it is considered kidnapping. This happened to someone I know, and they served a long prison sentence for it!
  • by Frank Constanza Location: New York on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:40 AM
    Oh by the way, my legal expertise is two episodes of Matlock and a half of an episode of Perry Mason.
  • by Frank Constanza Location: new york on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:37 AM
    I would think the proper law would be used here would be false imprisonment.
  • by CC on Jan 7, 2012 at 09:26 AM
    Here you go for an explanation: § 14‑39.� Kidnapping. (a)������ Any person who shall unlawfully confine, restrain, or remove from one place to another, any other person 16 years of age or over without the consent of such person, or any other person under the age of 16 years without the consent of a parent or legal custodian of such person, shall be guilty of kidnapping if such confinement, restraint or removal is for the purpose of: (1)������ Holding such other person for a ransom or as a hostage or using such other person as a shield; or (2)������ Facilitating the commission of any felony or facilitating flight of any person following the commission of a felony; or (3)������ Doing serious bodily harm to or terrorizing the person so confined, restrained or removed or any other person; or (4)������ Holding such other person in involuntary servitude in violation of G.S. 14‑43.2.
      by CC on Jan 7, 2012 at 10:39 AM in reply to CC
      This particular case became a Kidnapping because of part (2) of the above. The suspects committed 1st Degree Burglary,that being the commission of a felony, therefore holding the victims against their will contitutes Kidnapping.
  • by CC on Jan 7, 2012 at 07:24 AM
    To Frank Constanza: According to NC Law, if you hold someone against their will by force, that is considered kidnapping. You do not have to physically take them anywhere.
  • by Biker Dude on Jan 7, 2012 at 07:19 AM
    Frank, You don't have to take someone away for it to be kidnapping. Simply moving someone under force or threat against their will is kidnapping. One step could be kidnapping.
  • by Biker Dude on Jan 7, 2012 at 07:14 AM

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 136870738 - witn.com/a?a=136870738