Kinston Bank Robbed

Police are looking for a bank robber this afternoon.

Kinston police say around 2:20 p.m. a gunman came into the First Citizens Bank on Plaza Boulevard and robbed the bank. The gunman was wearing a black jacket, dark jeans and a black toboggan. He's about 5'6" and a medium build.

To view the surveillance pictures, click the PHOTOS tab at the top of the story

Police say no one was injured in the robbery. Anyone who can identify the robber is asked to call Kinston police at 252-939-3160.

• by JusticeForAll on Feb 26, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    This story is obviously fake and completely made up. First Citizens Bank has a corporate policy that does NOT allow anyone to carry on their property--EVEN people with state-issued permits. They have signs posted prohibiting firearms. Since everyone knows that these signs actually work, and everyone (even criminals and thugs) obey them, there is simply NO WAY that this man could have brought a gun into the bank. Please, WITN, when will you stop publishing these fake, fabricated, made-up stories?
      by what? on Feb 26, 2012 at 07:16 PM in reply to JusticeForAll
      You have got to be kidding me!!!! I do hope you are joking...
  • by Iris Location: Greenville on Feb 26, 2012 at 09:10 AM
    He must be black because if he was white they would have put his picture up. White crime is sweep under the rug.
      by jim on Feb 27, 2012 at 07:23 AM in reply to Iris
      give me a break, you need to go back to sleep. and wake up and see the real world.lady all thugs go to prison who is racist now.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 25, 2012 at 07:05 AM
    What a stupid crook, wore his son's ski mask and didn't wear gloves. I sure hope they have his prints on file cause I am sure they are on the front door as well as the counter.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 25, 2012 at 07:02 AM
    Go to kinston.com and they have better pictures and you can see that the robber was black.
      by Jamie on Feb 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM in reply to
      Puhleese!! Went to the site and the pictures are no better than WITN's. Way to try and drag "race" into the story as well. Ashamed that it might be someone other than a hispanic or a black? Go figure, Kinston and surrounding areas, the armpits of NC.
        by Anonymous on Feb 25, 2012 at 06:10 PM in reply to Jamie
        That would be ok if I didn't know the teller that was robbed and it was a black man that pointed the gun in her face.
  • by Just saying on Feb 25, 2012 at 05:02 AM
    Atleast he did cover his face up. Unlike some of these other dumb crooks who go in with nothing.
  • by Truth on Feb 24, 2012 at 08:08 PM
    Holy moley, it's "Dumb Donald" from the old cartoon show Fat Albert! Guess he ditched the pink toboggan for a more stealthy, darker color.
  • by maggie Location: lagrange on Feb 24, 2012 at 05:44 PM
    would someone please explain to me what his race has to do with anything??? white green black or hispanic, he held up a bank at gunpoint and bottom line is crooks come in all shapes sizes and colors, I for one hope they catch this guy, whatever his color he gonna be wearing prison garb for a long time!!
  • by p on Feb 24, 2012 at 05:34 PM
    guess the white guy decided to jump on the band wagon.
  • by Ridiculous Location: Kinston on Feb 24, 2012 at 04:43 PM
    Pretty sure that a huge part of Eastern North Carolina was focused on the weather. Leave it to someone to bring up something about the losers skin color. I know times are tight and people are struggling to survive, but taking anything that isn't yours isn't exactly smart. When they catch you and they will....you will go to prison and your family will still be hungry. I am blessed to have the job I have, but I know if I was this desperate I would roll up my sleeves and clean toilets or harvest tobacco. I can only shake my head at this foolishness!
  • by so? on Feb 24, 2012 at 03:56 PM
    Why is this any worse than wall street brokers/bankers/corporations/CEO's/politicians or investment brokers? They steal millions without recourse. This guy only got maybe a couple grand.
      by Mr. America on Feb 24, 2012 at 04:16 PM in reply to so?
      This is worse because wall street brokers,bankers,corporations,CEO's,politicians,and investment brokers all have a licenses to steal.These licenses are not given to the general public.The general public has to abide by a set of laws that govern society if not they are criminals,unlike the afore mentioned.
        by Wait on Feb 25, 2012 at 11:00 AM in reply to Mr. America
        So it's okay for ceos/bankers/wallstreet brokers to make terrible deals to keep their nine condos and fifteen cars safe at the expense of working class people? And the set of laws the public has to abide by doesn't apply to those who make millions each year?
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Feb 24, 2012 at 04:42 PM in reply to so?
      Because it is; they stole local people's money who trust the bank to watch over it for them; that's why. Any other ignorant questions?
      by Anonymous on Feb 24, 2012 at 04:49 PM in reply to so?
      Let me guess, this is your cousin you are defending. The next thing you will say is that he is a church-going family man who waves the flag and wouldn't harm a fly. How pathetic can you get?
      by john on Feb 28, 2012 at 12:56 PM in reply to so?
      this is worse because it was my wife and my childrens mother u loser.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 140353423 - witn.com/a?a=140353423