KFC In New Bern Robbed, Employees Forced Into Freezer

Deputies are looking for three suspects who they say robbed a KFC in New Bern Saturday night and forced employees into the freezer.

It happened around 9 p.m. at the KFC at 1512 Highway 70 East.

Deputies say three men came into the restaurant wearing hoodies and masks and forced employees into the freezer. The three men got away on foot with an undisclosed amount of money.

No one was injured during the robbery.

Deputies are investigating to see if this fast food restaurant robbery is related to others that have gone on in Eastern Carolina recently, including in Pitt and Beaufort Counties.

• by Ben Location: Kinston on Jan 23, 2012 at 06:26 AM
    Many problems arise from a lack of respect for law enforcement on the local, State and Federal level. Our penal system is a joke to street thugs who commit these robberies. Serving time has become a badge of honor to some instead of a form of punishment to be feared. Thanks to entitlements, many of our citizens have lost any semblance of pride they ever had and are perfectly content to live a life on the public dole. As long as eighty percent of children from one segment of our population are born out of wedlock and less than sixty percent graduate from high school in some areas, crime will continue to be a plague on our society.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 23, 2012 at 05:52 AM
    Sounds like the wild west, move from town to town robbing.
  • by Luis Location: Greenville on Jan 23, 2012 at 05:27 AM
    Why are only chicken places being robbed ?
  • by anon Location: noneya on Jan 23, 2012 at 04:30 AM
    I would rather be tried by twelve than carried by 6. Probably a good thing I dont do that kind of work, because I would either be dead or in prison for shooting one in the back. No way I would work anywhere dealing with cash money and the public unless I was armed. I would not allow anyone the opportunity to attack me without the odds being even to an extent. also if I did have to shoot; if I was able to think ahead realizing that you may not kill the assailant; a good shot to the groin first would stop any "pro creation," just incase they survive; at least you could prevent the spreading of the criminal/thug genetics! Instant altered gender.
  • by anon Location: noneya on Jan 23, 2012 at 04:30 AM
  • by Kill Feral Criminals on Jan 22, 2012 at 06:09 PM
    KFC, BoJangles, Popeye's, Church's...I see a pattern.
      by Tarzan on Jan 22, 2012 at 06:43 PM in reply to Kill Feral Criminals
      A greasy deep fried one
      by No one on Jan 22, 2012 at 06:48 PM in reply to Kill Feral Criminals
      We need to hire the guy that worked for Pizza Hut in Charlotte last year that killed the robber. It is good that no one has been seriously injured or killed yet. But it's coming. Sooner or later someone is gonna try these guys. I only hope that the right ones get what they deserve. As for injury, they have already caused mental injuries to an untold amount of employees and customers already.
      by Fred Garvin on Jan 23, 2012 at 05:17 AM in reply to Kill Feral Criminals
      How bout a stakeout of all greasy chicken places?
      by Sam on Jan 23, 2012 at 07:51 PM in reply to Kill Feral Criminals
      Chick fil a, Zaxby's
  • by blueeyes Location: washington on Jan 22, 2012 at 06:08 PM
    ok all the places are getting robbed why dont we have any pics of the men /boys/girls what ever they are why not post their pictures every where tv ,billbords,bathroom walls eveywhere u can thank of the public has the right to see pictures of the people maybe someone can help the cops catch them
      by Duh on Jan 22, 2012 at 06:43 PM in reply to blueeyes
      What do you want here? Do you think you can ID someone wearing hoodies and masks? Let's get some guys together and take a picture for this person please. Come on -- read the story.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2012 at 05:17 PM
    I wish they would catch these guys already. Being a night manager at a fast food place around the area worries me with these guys moving from town to town. The freezers don't lock from the outside, only from the inside. Someone can guard the door after forcing them inside until they leave. Also, there are panic buttons installed in most freezers.
      by JusticeForAll on Jan 23, 2012 at 09:43 PM in reply to
      If you are a night manager at a fast food establishment, you owe it to yourself, your family, and your employees to get your NC Concealed Carry permit, get some good training, buy a quality firearm, and CARRY IT! Self Defense is a HUMAN RIGHT. Any employer who doesn't allow you to defend your own life isn't worth working for, because they obviously are more concerned with the safety of thugs and criminals than the safety of their employees...
  • by c bass on Jan 22, 2012 at 05:04 PM
    What about the two armed robberies in Elizabeth city at MacDonalds and Little Ceasers.. WITN DO YOUR HOMEWORK!
  • by Anonymous on Jan 22, 2012 at 03:59 PM
    If someone put up a really good reward maybe a friend would out these guys for the money.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137855848 - witn.com/a?a=137855848