Jim Howard Celebrates Ten Years At WITN

Sunrise Meteorologist Jim Howard has been waking up Eastern Carolina for ten years, which was something worth celebrating on WITN News at Sunrise Friday.

Jim's primary role at WITN, of course, has been forecasting the weather for Eastern Carolina, a duty he takes very seriously. However, over the years, Jim has interviewed untold number of guests on Sunrise, shared his passion for weather with thousands of school children and civic groups, and used his spare time to help animals find homes through his work for the Humane Society of Eastern Carolina.

When Jim takes time off from the morning show for a few days, chances are good he is skiing, one of his favorite hobbies, or spending time with his wife, Tara, stepsons David and Jack, and other family.

Jim has also been part of many traditions at WITN, including the Children's Miracle Network Telethon, as well as the popular "Do My Job" series, where he tried his hand as a farmer, pizza maker, state park ranger, among many others over the years.

Please joining us in wishing Jim "Happy Anniversary!"

• by WITN Fanatic on Feb 21, 2011 at 03:10 PM
    Thanks Jim and congratulations on 10 years. I do enjoy your morning weather with my cups of coffee.
  • by Edward Location: Richmond, VA on Feb 21, 2011 at 06:51 AM
    Congrats, Jim!
  • by Michelle Location: ENC on Feb 19, 2011 at 06:40 AM
    Hats off to the people who helped to shape you into the awesome person and meterologist that you are today! But - they had some pretty good stuff to work with too! :-) The team of Jim and Heather in the mornings with your personal touches and approachable personalities just make every morning complete for me and so many others! I know - too many exclamation marks, but I can't hide the enthusiasm with which I post this morning. Congratulations and we look forward to having you for many, many more years!!! God Bless and keep you all safe and healthy. Thank you for what you do for all of us(and do it so very well).
  • by mr. spickolli Location: canton,ga. on Feb 18, 2011 at 08:56 PM
    Cangrats on your 10 years. I know you put your all into everyday forecast and everything you do. thats why you are the best dang weather dude period!!! see ya soon B..... skags...
  • by JC Location: Winterville on Feb 18, 2011 at 05:42 PM
    Congratulations, Jim! You are the best...Heather, Jim and coffee every morning at 0500=great start to every work day!
  • by Roger Location: enc on Feb 18, 2011 at 05:38 PM
    I too enjoy your forecast I tune in whenever I can you and Heather make a good team don't plan on going anywhere else
  • by vaerie Location: belhaven on Feb 18, 2011 at 03:13 PM
    congrats ,to you ,you are better than coffee. and many more
  • by Parental Units Location: Virginia on Feb 18, 2011 at 03:02 PM
    Jimmy,what a great tribute to you. Very proud of you and all you've achieved persuing your passion. Howard Cosell would be proud !!!
  • by Anne Location: Vanceboro on Feb 18, 2011 at 01:35 PM
    Happy Anniversary Jim!!!!! Hope to see you around for another 10 years....
  • by Anonymous on Feb 18, 2011 at 01:33 PM
    Hi Jimmy, Congratulations! Thanks for sending me your 10 year anniversary video. I enjoyed watching it, and you really looked great. Love, Aunt Stella

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 116462118 - witn.com/a?a=116462118