Jacksonville Marine Accused Of Killing Fellow Marine's Daughter

A Marine at New River has been charged with killing the daughter of a friend in California.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department says Cpl. Joshua Kruzik is being held on base until he's returned to Twentynine Palms to face charges.

Deputies say 18-month-old Audrey Allen was found in her crib on November 20th not breathing. A press release says Kruzik, who was staying at the home of a fellow Marine while training at the nearby Marine base, was giving the toddler CPR until emergency personnel arrived.

An autopsy says the girl died from blunt trauma and her death was ruled a homicide.

Deputies say they briefly spoke with Kruzik before he returned to North Carolina. On Tuesday they traveled to New River and interviewed the Marine once again. He was then arrested for the murder.

California authorities say once Kruzik is brought back he will be held without bond on the murder charges.

• by ryan Location: greenville on Dec 23, 2010 at 05:28 AM
    Funny how people posting "anonymous" know this Marine, from the time he was in diapers or in kindergarten, and they are defending him, as well as knowing all the parties. Where are you from that you know this kid from when he was little AND everyone involved?
  • by Anonymous on Dec 8, 2010 at 08:42 AM
    I know the three parties involved in this case.. my heart goes out to the Allens', Kruzik is was a good kid but they just don't slap charges like that on you for the hell of it
  • by John Location: Okinawa, Japan on Dec 8, 2010 at 01:57 AM
    If this was your child would tell everyone to take a chill pill? You must be sick yourself to suggest some as stupid as this. Knowing the Marine since birth is not an excuse for his/her actions. Let me conclude by saying: May God heal the grieving heart of the parents involve.
  • by Anonymous Location: Summit Hill PA on Dec 7, 2010 at 06:48 PM
    The dude had anger issues.He changed a lot since kindergarden.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 6, 2010 at 02:04 PM
    I've know this marine and his family since I was in diapers and yes he f'd up BIG time but he is a good person and hes going to have to deal with this guilt for the rest of his life! and I know your just judging him by what your reading but lay off! because the guilt I know hes feeling is going to haunt him and his family enough!
  • by Anonymous on Dec 5, 2010 at 03:02 PM
    Anonymous Were you there? Didn't think so.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 4, 2010 at 10:35 PM
    Went to kindergarten with this marine. and let me tell you it is very sad about the baby but he had NOTHING to do with it. he would never do sucha thing..ever..
  • by Blaise on Dec 4, 2010 at 06:46 PM
    Hey there anonymous..what do you think a female babysitter wouldn't be capable of this! Wow..I can't believe you..him being male had nothing to do with it..trust me I'm a single father..I also babysit all the time and I know I'm a better babysitter than most females would be...this incident is tragic and said, but had to do more with the individual..they should have paid better attention to what kind of person he is and his temper if any or something like that...but just because someone is male doesn't make them an unworthy babysitter..wow get a life
  • by Chris Location: Greenville on Dec 3, 2010 at 06:29 PM
    MCBP, Consider the source and you will know that you can't expect but so much! It is fairly evident by the lack of grammar and spelling that someone is not all that bright to begin with. And yes, women kill babies too! Matter of fact, a child is MORE likely to be killed or kidnapped by a woman then anyone else!
  • by mcbp Location: rv on Dec 3, 2010 at 03:04 PM
    Anonymous - that is a cold statement and unfounded. This mother has lost her child, not due to lack of judgement. Someone they knew and trusted took this childs life. Women kill babies too.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111260914 - witn.com/a?a=111260914