Insurance Agent Accused Of Embezzlement

An insurance agent has voluntarily surrendered her license after being arrested for embezzlement.

The North Carolina Department of Insurance says Susan Glover of Wilson was arrested Monday for one count of embezzlement by an insurance agent. The state says between December 2009 and last October, Glover pocketed more than $11,000 in premiums she collected while working for a Nationwide Insurance office in Wilson.

Those affected policies were made whole by the agency. The 55-year-old Glover was given a $2,000 secured bond.

• by Harry Location: Greenville on Mar 6, 2011 at 07:38 PM
    So much ignorance from so many who have posted here. This has nothing to do with politics. It also has nothing to do with the insurance industry. Someone committed a crime. It's an old story. Get a grip, people!
  • by james on Mar 3, 2011 at 05:07 AM
    this woman is old enough to know better! not happy with my insurance premium but this story has nothing to do with the flaws in the insurance industry! unfortunetly, we will see more and more of this behavior as our economy declines. not an excuse, but people are so undisciplined that and have such a sense of entitlement that they justify such behavior. agree w/ Renee that she should make the money right and she cannot do that from jail/prison. and the beat goes on........
  • by Renee Location: Wilson on Mar 2, 2011 at 05:17 PM
    So sad. Sad if she had people depending on her and sad that she let herself get into this situation. I also pray she asks for forgiveness. But she must reap what she has sown. The Holy Bible instructs us to make restitution where possible. She obviously does not have money to pay back but I would like to see the judicial system collect the money and repay the agency. Maybe allow her to clean toilets, work in kitchen of jail. She is not a threat to society (like a murderer/child molester). We shouldn't have to house/feed her. Let her work it out and take her privelages away. Curfew, limited license, etc. She should be ashamed if this is not her first rodeo. Lesson to ALL of us....your sins WILL find you out! I pray for any family members that this may have affected. She did/does have some influential friends, but she has isolated many of them. Any that may be left need to be REAL friends and let her pay for her crime. Let her know you love her but may have to do it from a distance.
  • by DJ Location: Elizabeth City on Mar 2, 2011 at 03:23 PM
    @Common Sense - get a little more sense. Insurance companies in this state DO NOT govern themselves. We have an insurance commissioner. Do your research before bad mouthing an industry we couldn't do without.
  • by Millie Location: Greenville on Mar 2, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    To the lady whose vehicles are eight years old and she still has to pay the same premium as eight years ago. If you wreck those eight year old cars, we still have to buy new parts to fix them.
  • by anon Location: wallace on Mar 2, 2011 at 09:24 AM
    sounds like she needs a " good hands" lawyer now.
  • by Jeff Location: Winterville on Mar 2, 2011 at 08:40 AM
    To Common Sense: Wrong is wrong. What this lady did was clearly wrong. Why steal from the hand that feeds you. Insurance agents make a decent living without having to skim from the top. If you need mmore money to make ends meet, there is always an option of getting a second job. Nationwide trusted her with the handling of funds and she took advantage of that trust. There is no need to feel sorry for her. She wasn't stealing hot dogs to feed her hungry grandchildren. $2,000 bond on $11,000 theft? It should have been at least the amount the was taken. I'm glad she turned herself in.
  • by ken Location: greenville on Mar 2, 2011 at 08:26 AM
    that makes common sense until you are hit by some one and your family member is in hospital and there is no option to pay the bills. when you are sitting in those shoes we will discuss common sense.
  • by Common Sense Location: Greenville on Mar 2, 2011 at 06:04 AM
    I do feel for this lady. I am glad that I do not work with money. I can see how you could be tempted very easily especially in this economy. HOWEVER - insurance companies are the thieves of all thieves - the crooks of all crooks. Here is why. I know many agents - why is it that they live so LAVISHLY. because there is so much EXTRA MONEY being given to them by their clients. It is legalized racketeering if you ask me. I own two vehicles and they are each over eight years old and I still pay the same thing today I did five years ago plus some even though my vehicles are worth only one fifth what they used to be. ANYBODY who works in insurance is STEALING. And oh - they (Insurance companies) govern and regulate themselves. How nice is that ? Want a big fat raise this year - yeah, lets raise rates !!! Here is an idea. What if 1,000,000 Americans stopped paying insurance - how about 5,000,000 stopping. Run the insurance thieves out of business-make them start over. Think.
  • by concerned citizen Location: belhaven on Mar 2, 2011 at 05:50 AM
    @AUDREY I AGREE WITH YOU 100%I BEEN WITH THIS AGENCY EVERY SINCE I WAS 16 UNDER MY MOTHER GEETIN MY DRIVERS LICENSE AND IT IS THE GREATEST AGENCY TO BE WITH NOW IM ALL GROWN UP WITH MY OWN FAMILY THAT IS INSURED UNDER NATIONWIDE MY FLOOD AND HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE,VEHICLE ETC IS INURED UNDER NATIONWIDE!THEY ARE ALWAYS ON YOUR SIDE!SO TO THOSE THAT ARE BLAMING THE AGENCY BE REAL ABOUTIT, THE PROBLEM IS THE PERSON THAT HAS DONE THE WRONG DOING AND HOPEFULLY SHE WILL PAY!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 117171408 - witn.com/a?a=117171408