I.D. Now Required To Pick Up Some Prescriptions

If you take medication for chronic pain you may need to go through an extra security check before your next refill.

Starting Thursday, a new law takes effect that requires people picking up certain medications to show identification.

Most medications on the list are narcotics, like Hydrocodone or Percocet.

You can add people to a list that can pick up medications for you, but they must also have an ID on file. That ID has to be a North Carolina driver's license issued by the DMV, a passport or a military ID.

Attorney General Roy Cooper believes this new law will curb the number of fraudulent prescriptions brought to pharmacies to be filled.

• by Joe Location: Greenville on Mar 1, 2012 at 06:56 PM
    It's amazing that you need ID for meds but you don't for voting. Bev glad to see you leaving. Maybe your replacement will have some cajnes.
  • by glad Location: washington on Mar 1, 2012 at 06:42 PM
    this is a good idea, my sister had some meds at a drug store, her daugther went and got them unknowing to her so that month she was without her meds she was in severe pain for that month
  • by Anonymous on Mar 1, 2012 at 05:20 PM
    Hey Principal! How about a comma after "saying"?
  • by cuz on Mar 1, 2012 at 03:34 PM
    ID sounds like a good idea, unless your a criminal.
  • by too little to late 4 me on Mar 1, 2012 at 02:27 PM
    Glad to see some minimal steps to better control prescription drug abuse. My husband got addicted to oxycontin after being over prescribed by his physician. I the physician and BEGGED him to quit prescribing it to my husband. My husband died as a result of his oxycontin addiction 6 years ago within 8 hours of refilling his final prescription.
      by shonuff on Mar 1, 2012 at 04:49 PM in reply to too little to late 4 me
      I've always thought docs get kick backs from the drug company's. That's why they prescribed them so easily. I went in a few weeks back with an ear infection, came out with antibiotic, ear drops and vicodin. Nope!! I didn't ask for it and I never got it filled.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 1, 2012 at 12:13 PM
    Just confirmed the ID card for voting is absolutely political. The good news, There is finally conclusive evidence that Osama bin Laden and Muammar Gaddafi are dead. Yesterday, they both registered as Democrats to vote in Chicago .
  • by 250 Location: Jax on Mar 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM
    No sir you cn not pick up your much needed codiene tablets BUT just step right over here( um what'd you say your name was? ) this line to vote Dem that short line right thar to vote Rep. Have a good day sir,
  • by Anonymous on Mar 1, 2012 at 08:40 AM
    we need law books i cant k eep up with all this laws no more what are thay going to do next
  • by ralphie Location: ahoskie on Mar 1, 2012 at 08:19 AM
    OK if you want to LIVE you need to show ID, but showing ID to VOTE is wrong?
      by Harry on Mar 1, 2012 at 11:32 AM in reply to ralphie
      Why?
        by ralphie on Mar 1, 2012 at 04:09 PM in reply to Harry
        I was making a sarcastic jab in the eye of slimy democrats- it is NOT wrong to require identification to vote. Look at the garbage the slimers want to infringe upon us, for maybe potential crime prevention- then the hypocrites say oh no vote cheating! EVIL PIGS.
        by Anonymous on Mar 1, 2012 at 04:21 PM in reply to Harry
        Got to be a democrat cause it went way over your head.
  • by Shannon Location: Cary on Mar 1, 2012 at 08:16 AM
    This is news?? I've been having to show ID for prescription pain meds for the past year now. But then again it could be that was just how my pharmacy does things anyways. Glad to hear there is something in place where I can have my husband pick it up for me if I am unable to do so.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 140975983 - witn.com/a?a=140975983