Homeless Man Accused Of Stealing From Good Samaritan

A homeless man is accused of stealing from the man who took him off the streets.

Wayne County deputies say Cory Jackson on Dudley is charged with larceny. The 20-year-old Jackson is accused in approximately four thefts, stealing from the man who allowed him to move into his home. He's accused of stealing money, clothes and electronic equipment.

Jackson is now home in the Wayne County jail under a $1,500 bond.

• by PBJ on Feb 10, 2012 at 03:58 AM
    Hey yall wanna know something else about this scumbag? He made up lies & was gonna try to take out bogus charges on these people. What a low life ingrate!
  • by April on Feb 9, 2012 at 04:25 AM
    Ms. Donna & Mr. Billy are such good people. I have known Ms. Donna all of my life. She & Mr. Billy are just the sweetest kindest people you will ever meet. They have helped so many people over the years. It's just like them to bring someone into their home to help them. I think this person is a family member. Whoever you are you should have been thanking them instead of stealing from them. Are you even sorry that you did this to them? I doubt it.
  • by Jennifer on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    These people were members of my church & were very active. They loved kids, would help anybody who was in need, gave money to help those less fortunate even when they had very little money. They were always the first ones to jump when help was needed. They are actually raising a beautiful liitle girl as their own who is also a family member. Not many people who are in their late 40's early 50's would take in a little baby & start all over. But they did & never once have I heard them complain. To think that someone would do this to them just makes me so angry. Whoever this man is has no thought or appreciation for the kindness that was given to him & I am ashamed that these people were taken advantage of.
  • by Joanne Location: Goldsboro on Feb 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM
    I know this couple as well. they are wonderful folks who would give anyone the shirts off their backs. They have helped so many & this is just so awful. They took this boy, their neice & the baby into their home becase they had no home. They gave this boy chances after chances to do right & he spit in their faces. He stole from them time and time again and each time they forgave him. They are so upset that he forced them to go to law enforcement. It's killing them. Shame on you Cory Jackson! You are not worth the hurt and pain you caused these wonderful people. Your own family won't have anything to do with you. But these good people did. You spit on them & threw their kindness back in their faces. You should be ashamed but I know you are not.
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2012 at 08:38 AM
    It's sad. We did not know this person other than the fact that he is the father of a baby girl in our family. We have taken in others over the last 25 years and they never took 1 dime from us. When we caught him the first time, we warned him. When we caught him the 2nd time, we threatened to press charges. The 4th time was enough. You ask why we didn't do it on the 1st or 2nd time? He has a 5 month old baby who adores him. We beleive in giving people chances to do better. And we just couldn't bear the thought of making him homeless again. We try to look at the good in people. But there is no helping him. It has really hurt my husband to have to do this but we feel we had no other choice. Now we can only pray for him and hope he learns and changes. Some of the items that were taken were worth far more in sentimental value to me and we can never get them back. I cannot for the life of me understand how someone can do this to people that have opened their home to him, his baby & the baby's mom, fully supported all 3 of them for months & given him chance after chance, time and time again. We almost lost our home because of the extra expense. He obviously does not care. But we have learned our lesson rather painfully. We now put this mess in God's hands.
      by NB on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:48 PM in reply to
      What good people you are, my heart goes out to you, bless you.
      by I lost my faith in people on Feb 8, 2012 at 09:27 PM in reply to
      I've helped many people (mostly people my age) and have been screwed so many times that I quit helping. You can only take so much. Some people have a high tolerance threshold. I found my limit long ago. I guess I tried to help the wrong people.
        by Anonymous on Feb 9, 2012 at 03:52 AM in reply to I lost my faith in people
        Please don't lose your faith in people. Yes you can only do so much & what you are able to do for them, well, you will be truly blessed. We have taken in so many over the years (we knew them all) and as I said, he is the only one that has ever stolen from us. And we are still finding things that he has taken. We are praying that the Lord will touch him & help him to the right path. This was a family member but I don't believe it will stop us from trying to help others if we can. We will just keep a closer watch from now on. But thete are many other people out there that really & truly appreciate any help that is given to them. Keep your faith and know that you do make a difference.
  • by rde Location: Goldsboro on Feb 8, 2012 at 08:33 AM
    So sad that you try to help someone and they hurt you. This is a good couple that took him, his girlfreind and their baby in. It is scum like this that hurt those with needs that would be appreciative. I know these people and they are wonderful may God bless and keep them.
      by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2012 at 09:48 AM in reply to rde
      Thank you! God bless you!
  • by Anonymous on Feb 8, 2012 at 12:23 AM
    I've given the homeless money and cigarettes but never will I allow one to come into my house. It's a good idea to never give one a ride.
  • by RN Location: Pitt on Feb 7, 2012 at 10:25 PM
    Yes...he is a thug and needs to go to prison, if he can make an effort to steal, he is able to work !!
  • by Mike Location: Richlands on Feb 7, 2012 at 06:10 PM
    What a dirtbag! He is only 20 years old, but he will be a loser his whole life.
  • by yukon on Feb 7, 2012 at 06:10 PM
    he is a dog old saying dont bite the hand that feeds you

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138874714 - witn.com/a?a=138874714