UPDATE: Police Say No Sign Of John Finch

Two weeks have passed since anyone last saw or heard from John Finch of Greenville. The man who owns an insurance agency was last seen at 10 p.m. on Wednesday, August 24, before Hurricane Irene hit. He was reported missing on Monday, August 29 by his wife.

Greenville police said Tuesday, the search for Finch continues.

Previous Story:
Greenville police say as of Saturday afternoon they have not found John Finch. They say they continue to search for the missing man.

Previous Story:

Police in Greenville used a helicopter Friday to search for an insurance agent who has was last seen days before Hurricane Irene struck the area.

Greenville police say the search for John Finch was centered on East 10th Street and included a Highway Patrol helicopter.

Finch was last seen Wednesday, August 24th around 10:00 p.m. He was reported missing Monday by his wife.

The 61-year-old Finch owns Turnage Insurance Agency on Cromwell Drive in Greenville.

• by jason on Sep 9, 2011 at 05:20 PM
    May god bless his soul.
  • by to Patrick Warrington on Sep 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    There is a grieving family, try to be compassionate and stop "fighting" with people in this forum. J.H.Rose High School has lost one of their own. RIP John.
      by Kevin on Sep 9, 2011 at 05:08 PM in reply to to Patrick Warrington
      He was being compassionate by taking up for the family and there father. He is right if you don't have anything nice to say then why say it at all people?
        by Karen on Sep 9, 2011 at 08:27 PM in reply to Kevin
        Kevin evidently you haven't read all the post Patrick has put here. They aren't compassionate, he has been very rude. Please take the time to see all he has said unless they have been deleted. He should realize this isn't the time or place to be ugly. Life is short, we never know how much time any of us have & we need to be nice.
  • by Reverend Fred Teel Location: Greenville on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    Everybody just calm down here.Jesus loves us all.Things are tough for his family right now & they don't need to be reading these bad posts. Yelling & Screaming & Bashing each other is not godly like. Surely God will let him be found soon & be ok. Praise the lord. Amen
  • by Citizen on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:34 PM
    My sincerest sympathies to his wife and children. I personally do not know them... Anyone who shows anything but sympathy and compassion toward this family should be ashamed. To regurd this story with such disdain is sickening. May those of you find peace in your cold, inhumane hearts. WITN, you should be ashamed for allowing these public slanderous posts to remain on your wall. A family is grieving.
  • by anyman Location: washington on Sep 8, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    I understand his body has been found. God bless his family.
  • by Tarzan Location: Jungle on Sep 7, 2011 at 09:51 PM
    Approximately 1970 people go missing dailey in the US. Some by choice, hopefully he turns up safe and sound very soon.
  • by Lee Location: Greenville on Sep 7, 2011 at 07:13 PM
    Thinking and praying for your family!
      by family friend on Sep 9, 2011 at 10:08 AM in reply to Lee
      My Deepest sympathies go out for the finch family during this tough time.
  • by Anonymous Location: Greenville on Sep 7, 2011 at 05:31 PM
    This comment has been deleted.
      by Anonymous on Sep 7, 2011 at 08:45 PM in reply to Anonymous
      How come you know all of this yet no one else does?
  • by Gville on Sep 7, 2011 at 04:38 PM
    This comment has been deleted.
      by Anonymous on Sep 7, 2011 at 05:37 PM in reply to Gville
      I agree & for the life of me I don't understand why there hasn't been any updates. Its as if, he is gone and thats that.
      by Anonymous on Sep 7, 2011 at 07:18 PM in reply to Gville
      I agree with you.
  • by best families.. on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    You all need to quit taking things so personal.. Someone was trying to pay Mr. Finch a compliment by saying he is one of the best men, and a part of one of the best families in town.. The person who made the comment didn't mean it such that everyone else in the town is terrible and is somehow inferior to Mr. Finch and his family.. Quit being so darn dramatic and quit harping on every word another person says.. This is what we do for one another in times like these, lift the families up, NOT tear them down.. I pray that Mr. Finch will soon be found, not for all of you detectives out there, but for his loving family
      by Anonymous on Sep 7, 2011 at 04:15 PM in reply to best families..
      Excuse me, just who do you think you are! This is a public forum, you aren't the monitor of this. Maybe you are the one taking things too personal. No one is tearing anyone down here. I think everyone is praying for his family & his safe return. On the other hand he is just an average guy, not some super hero.
        by best families.. on Sep 8, 2011 at 05:46 AM in reply to
        Who do I think I am? I think I am just as entitled an opinion as the rest of the people on this board. Average guy? Tell me what the definition of an average guy is? Nobody called him a super hero, except you. You are the exact reason I posted on this forum. You can't stand to see others complimented, likely because of your own insecurities. I think you ought to take a long look at yourself and realize that there are more important things than yourself.
          by Anonymous on Sep 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM in reply to best families..
          Boy your train sure jumped the track. You aren't even on the same page as everyone else. This story isn't about me, its about a man missing & the worry his family is going through. Try to follow the story, if you can't maybe someone can read the story to you & explain it. When everyone is said and done you are going to realize that NO he wasn't "esteemed" and his family was not one of the best families in Greenville. His family is just an average family, and for some to put him on a pedestal is crazy. I don't think anyone in this town should be put on a pedestal. You have a wonderful day now.
  • by Concerned on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    Where is mr. Finch? I'm tired of rumors... Update this story PLEASE
      by Anonymous on Sep 7, 2011 at 12:26 PM in reply to Concerned
      I just don't understand why there hasn't been any update. Its like he is missing and that is the end of the story. I am surprised there hasn't been more coverage on this story. Surprised the tv stations aren't putting his pic out there for people other than Greenville residents to see. It is almost like the case is closed.
  • by searching? on Sep 6, 2011 at 08:08 PM
    Are the police actively searching for John? It is strange there has been nothing else said since last saturday. I was wondering if there had been search parties out or if law enforcement had taken a search dog out to try to find him. Does anyone know about what kind of search is being conducted?
  • by E. Location: greenville on Sep 6, 2011 at 07:43 PM
    If you don't have anything nice to say, don't post a comment ... keep your negative, mean-spirited words to yourself. No matter the circumstances of his disappearance, the family of John Finch deserves common respect - yes, even from those of you who don't even know them. Put yourselves in their shoes ... imagine a fraction their grief and sadness ... and at least be politely quiet, for heaven's sake.
  • by Hannah on Sep 6, 2011 at 04:06 PM
    Still praying for the family- I hope everyone is as well. The Finch family is need of closure right now and I pray that everyone recognizes this and can pray for them.
  • by CJ on Sep 6, 2011 at 09:10 AM
    I grew up knowing this family, I use to babysit their boys. My heart goes out to them all. John & Pam Finch were Always very kind people. I pray for a safe return. Prayers going out to the Finch Family!
    by anon on Sep 6, 2011 at 08:02 AM in reply to bob
    This comment has been deleted.
      by anon on Sep 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM in reply to anon
      The hit-and-run followed a hangar party on 11-13-82 with some of Washington's finest. Friday the 13th sucked for the teenaged hit-and-run victim and life has ever since!
        by bob on Sep 6, 2011 at 04:07 PM in reply to anon
        I was thinking present day secrets. How come we haven't seen anything else? has he been found?or found out?
  • by Jerry Location: Greenville on Sep 5, 2011 at 05:32 PM
    I don't know what is going on with John but i can imagin what his family is going through they need to know one way are the other. God Bless the family and John.
    by A Friend of Tom, Parker, and JOHN on Sep 6, 2011 at 07:21 PM in reply to
    This comment has been deleted.
      by Anonymous on Sep 7, 2011 at 11:05 AM in reply to A Friend of Tom, Parker, and JOHN
      Glad to see you have friends.
    by Patrick warrington on Sep 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM in reply to
    This comment has been deleted.
      by Stephen on Sep 8, 2011 at 12:55 PM in reply to Patrick warrington
      Patrick, you are rude and your comment was uncalled for. Its evident you have little self esteem & resorting to being a bully here. Maybe you should try to help the family out instead of being a jerk here. I can't imagine you being that family's friend. You should be ashamed of your remarks. Now, calm down and try to be nice.
      by Anonymous on Sep 9, 2011 at 11:32 AM in reply to Patrick warrington
      Oh goodness Oh my you have quite a past. Check it out on criminalpages.com. What ya going to say to that baby boy? Stop being so nasty and try to remember the Finch family is grieving. Grow up!
  • by Chuck Location: Greenville on Sep 5, 2011 at 10:22 AM
    While it's not always true, most eulogies paint people in the best light possible.
      by Anonymous on Sep 5, 2011 at 12:29 PM in reply to Chuck
      I agree with your statement.
  • by Jeff on Sep 5, 2011 at 08:55 AM
    Please respect the families. I pray that John is found safe. I didn't know John personally. But from the comments made here, he is an honest and loving person.
  • WITN

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129154438 - witn.com/a?a=129154438