Harris Teeter Opens At Old Kroger Site

Harris Teeter has opened its third Greenville location, taking over where the old Kroger used to be on Evans Street.

Kroger closed its only Eastern Carolina location last fall, with Harris Teeter agreeing to take over the location. The store first opened a 5,000 square foot facility at the location in December while the rest of the store was retrofitted.

The entire 53,000 square foot store opened today for business.

• by Piggly Wiggly Meat on Oct 20, 2011 at 10:50 AM
    "The Pig" has some of the quickest spoiling meat I've ever bought. It may be handling practices, but it's more likely false dating. (common practice @ Food Lion years ago) ...Mal-Wart in New Bern has BAD pork! It's not spoilt, it just tastes bad, like something contaminated it. Much of their meat is prepacked before it gets to the store, so it's not their fault.
  • by Stacey on Oct 20, 2011 at 07:17 AM
    1. Very nice store. Larger selection than the Bell's Fork location. 2. Every employee I encountered greeted me with a smile. 3. Lots of sales. Some I couldn't believe. I'm sure its just promotional but wow. 4. I am willing to pay a few more cent than go to the Food Lion and pick through rotten food. Yes rotten. Last time I needed lettuce, I ran to the nearest Food Lion (one by PCMH) and all the bagged lettuce was gone. It smelled of rotten vegetables in the produce section and the whole head lettuce was brown and wilted. I had to ask if they had any fresh lettuce. 5. With the Vic card and signing up for their eVic coupons, it really isn't that much more. I bought bacon at HT for $2.50. The next time I went to Food Lion they didn't have any bacon less than $4.99.
      by agreed on Oct 20, 2011 at 08:29 AM in reply to Stacey
      I cannot afford to purchase dairy at Food Lion. Twice I have had spoilt milk from this chain. I would rather pay 25 cents more to have fresh milk than have to return to the store, explain to FL customer service why I am returning and walk back for my own replacement with my kids in tow.
  • by the teets on Oct 20, 2011 at 06:37 AM
    I live right down the road so I normally go to Lowes Foods but I'm sure I'll try out the new Harris Teeter at some point. I'll pretty much grocery shop anywhere except wal-mart. Yeah, the prices may be low but I'd rather not risk my life for it.
  • by Disappointed Location: greenville on Oct 19, 2011 at 11:50 PM
    I went to the New Harris Teeter today and filled out a form for a VIC card, they refused to give me one because I did not have my license with me... I dont get it. I have to have a license to shop??? Get real peoples!!
      by Picture ID on Oct 20, 2011 at 05:18 AM in reply to Disappointed
      I guess a picture ID is too much to ask, huh? I bet they expect you to have a phone number & email address, too? ...BTW, I get weekly specials and updates through email. I like to be told when things are on sale. Do you take a taxi/bus to go grocery shopping? If so, you're in the minority.
      by happy on Oct 20, 2011 at 08:04 AM in reply to Disappointed
      HT asks for DL because they have special coupon weeks that allow you 20 coupons per day. If you have more than one card you could exploit their coupon specials.
      by Jobe on Oct 21, 2011 at 05:13 AM in reply to Disappointed
      No one said you had to have a VIC card to shop but you just won't get the sale prices without it.
  • by Rosie Location: Greenville on Oct 19, 2011 at 06:30 PM
    Shopped at the new store today...it was wonderful. There is a large variety of prepared foods, coffee, fresh bakery items and complete pharmacy. We especially enjoyed speaking with the people from Boars Head. It's great to have a purveyor of fine foods right here in Greenville. Thank you to the two Barbara's for all your help!
  • by Gvegad24 Location: Greenville on Oct 19, 2011 at 06:17 PM
    Went to the new Harris Teeter this morning and it was very nice. The folks were friendly and they had some things I had not seen in a while. I think they'll do well, but I do admit I really loved it when Kroger was there and sad to see them leave. For those bashing the pig, it's really depends what market your in. Around here they are ok, nothing special, in other places they can actually be high end. If you ever take a trip down to Myrtle Beach, go to market commons and visit that Piggly Wiggly, VERY high end store, you think you where in The Fresh Market. As far as customer service at HT, I had bad experience with an employee in the deli a few weeks back at the bells fork store, but spoke to the manager and he handled it
  • by Anonymous on Oct 19, 2011 at 05:39 PM
    We miss Kroger! We refuse to shop at Harris Teeter due to their high prices.
      by Kroger on Oct 20, 2011 at 08:44 AM in reply to
      Trust me, Harris Teeter will not miss you whiney Kroger customers.
      by ITS OK on Oct 20, 2011 at 08:46 AM in reply to
      ITS OK, IM SURE THEY WONT MISS YOU!!LOL
  • by Frank Sinatra Location: Heaven on Oct 19, 2011 at 03:44 PM
    If you had a problem with management perhaps you brought it on yourself. My interactions with them have been all positive. Please and thank yous go much further than yelling.
      by Josephus Jr on Oct 19, 2011 at 06:47 PM in reply to Frank Sinatra
      Mind your own business Frank Sinatra. It was not my fault i had a bad experience.This customer service clerk At HT Bells fork was very rude to both me & my wife. Guess you would not know what happened,because you were not there. I spend 600.00 a month at this store & Expect to be treated nicely. All the Employees in this store are very nice Except This One Customer service rep who seems to be is aunfriendly, short to me, & rude & does not even want to speak to me. Yes i reported it to the manager & He told me this one one of Several omplaints he had about her & Was going to deal with her & take the problem to the next level.. I Am not going to put up with her any longer & will take my problem to Headquarters & try to get her demoted if necessary. It is a shame one bad egg makes the whole group look bad. This employee will be nice to me & all other customers.
        by josephine on Oct 19, 2011 at 07:33 PM in reply to Josephus Jr
        If you're going to put your personal gripe all over the internet, then expect to receive comments, even ones with which you don't agree. You assumed the risk. I have shopped at the BF Harris Teeter since it opened and have never had anything but good experiences with their customer service.
  • by Amy Location: winterville on Oct 19, 2011 at 02:42 PM
    HT is awesome, esp. Bells Fork. Sorry to hear some folks have had bad experiences but I've never had a bad one there and have only found great customer service. Workers have always been friendly and helpful at that store. I like the quality/selection of groceries, though the regular prices are higher than other stores in the area. Best coupon and "VIC" deals in town, though, AND you don't have to worry about getting mugged in the parking lot.
      by Anonymous on Oct 19, 2011 at 07:10 PM in reply to Amy
      I really like the HT at Bells Fork and can only imagine the new one will be even better. But I will agree with Josephus who posted earlier that there is one person working the front end that I will admit will make me walk back out and go elswhere rather than deal with him, and yes I've mentioned this to Mgt, who were very considerate with my complaint.
  • by Ayden on Oct 19, 2011 at 01:41 PM
    Love the Harris Teeter at Bell's Fork. Hate to hear to put downs directed at Piggly Wiggly. At least at the one in Ayden, you don't have to stand in line forever like you do at Food Lion.
      by Piggly Wiggly on Oct 19, 2011 at 05:17 PM in reply to Ayden
      The Piggly Wiggly in Richlands is one of the best I've ever seen. Still not as nice as Harris Teeter in New Bern. The only store that comes close to HT is Lowes Foods in Cape Carteret. It's a very nice store, too.
      by Josephus Jr on Oct 19, 2011 at 08:10 PM in reply to Ayden
      I am refering to the Greenville Piggly Wiggly location.Never been to the other piggly wigglys.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132148458 - witn.com/a?a=132148458