Gunman Robs Woman In Broad Daylight In Greenville Parking Lot

A woman said she was in a parking lot off the corner of Greenville and Arlington Boulevards Wednesday afternoon when a man armed with a handgun came up to her and demanded her wallet.

The man then took off.

The address released by police in the robbery, 703 S.E. Greenville Boulevard, is the Greenville Square Shopping Center, which houses Pizza Hut, Kmart, Office Depot and several other businesses.

The 39-year-old victim was not injured in the robbery, which happened just before 2:00 p.m.

The only description provided is that the man was black, approximately six feet tall, about 180 pounds and was last seen wearing a black coat.

Anyone with information related to this case is asked to contact the Greenville Police Department at 252-329-EYES or Pitt/Greenville Crimestoppers at 252-758-7777 or by texting “PITTGV” and their information to 274637.

• by OpenCarry on Dec 22, 2010 at 09:11 PM
    "Anna", don't buy into the "sheeple" propaganda that your "religious leaders" are giving you. God helps those who help themselves. It is an abomination in God's eyes to refuse to defend yourself against a violent criminal. If you want to be a martyr, then that is YOUR decision, but don't tell other people that such a decision is righteous, or that it squares with Christian (or any other religion's) doctrine. Suicide is a Cardinal Sin, and refusing to defend your own life because of some misguided idea that pacifism is somehow "holy" is equal to committing suicide. Even Jesus told his diciples to buy a sword if they didn't have one to defend themselves with... Nehemiah 4:17-18, 1 Samuel 25:13, Luke 22:36...
  • by anna Location: greenville on Dec 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM
    lady whoever you r god got your back .the battle is not yours no way its the lord .you did right money is not everything.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 20, 2010 at 05:15 AM
    @TarHeel: She was robbed at gunpoint. GUNPOINT means that someone was threatening your LIFE with a GUN. I would have shot them to save my life, not my dollars. Wake up.
  • by ccw on Dec 19, 2010 at 06:10 AM
    The answer to the question of how you can be fast enough to shoot someone that is holding you at gunpoint....well I have my Glock 30 in my coat pocket...when I reach into my coat pocket I can pull the trigger and shoot right through my coat. The robber would never know what hit him. I can always buy another coat ;)
  • by ggirl Location: Windsor on Dec 18, 2010 at 05:57 AM
    Never say what you would do. You don't know until you are in that situation. Thank God the lady is ok.
  • by The Truth Location: Greenville on Dec 18, 2010 at 01:43 AM
    Im Glad to see so many people have their carry permits. But lets be honest thous of us that carry, keep a look out for threats. We don't walk around Texting or with our heads down. We look around for threats. The truth is When see a black guy coming straight at us. 95% of the time we will judge it as a threat. and take some actions to avoid him. That's the was the world is. Some will call this racist but they are just ignorant if facts. In the words of Jessey Jackson. "There is nothing more painful to me ... than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery--then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved." --Jesse Jackson, 12/17/93. T don't know what else to say. People need to keep their eyes open for all threats no mater what the color. The economic situation is bad and people need money this time of year. So the threat level is high. This is real life, Like or not this is the way it is!
  • by OpenCarry on Dec 17, 2010 at 08:40 PM
    Concealed Carry just means you look like all the other armed sheeple out there--to a criminal you look like an "easy mark"... Have you EVER heard of someone who was Open Carrying getting mugged? Wonder why?... Criminals are cowards, bullies, and lazy--they don't want to run the risk of their victim fighting back... Open Carry is 100% legal in NC--you don't need a permit if your firearm is in plain view in a holster. Get training. Know the law. Open Carry. Take back your city, Greenville...
  • by Anonymous on Dec 17, 2010 at 08:13 PM
    People who actually have sense in Greenville. I would not go for a gun when a gun is being pointed at me. They can take my money, my wallet, and whatever else that is not of value, because I can always get those things back.
  • by T on Dec 17, 2010 at 08:05 PM
    I remember a while back, a man shot another robber as he was leaving and he was tried for murder and I'm wanting to say convicted but I can't find the story. In the state of NC once they turn their back to you to leave it is NOT self defense to shoot someone because you are no longer having your life threatened. You may only kill someone IF your life is currently being threatened once they turn to leave then the law says your no longer in danger. So ya'll shoot people in the back if you want to but your going to end up in jail for murder. I say the woman did what she should have done. Give it to him and let him go. She got to go home tonight. Maybe carry around an empty wallet to give the robber not like he's going to check the wallet out right then and there to see if there is anything in it :D
  • by 40 Location: jville on Dec 17, 2010 at 06:17 PM
    I loved the story in sept about the pizza hut worker that killed two robbers in charlotte. Sorry you folks have such a crime problem in Gville. Load those guns with glazer safety slugs. They won't ricochet or over penetrate and kill an innocent bystander. They're deadlier than hollow points.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 112066204 - witn.com/a?a=112066204