Gunfire Erupts At Pitt County Card Game

Deputies say a card game early Sunday morning turned violent when gunfire erupted.

Pitt County deputies say four people were shot at, one of them wounded, by a semi-automatic handgun. It happened around 4:00 a.m. at 3910 Clemmons School Road in Stokes.

Deputies say James Brown, Jr., who lives at the home, got into an argument and began firing multiple shots inside and outside of home. Brown was transported to Pitt County Memorial Hospital due to facial injuries and later charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury with the intent to kill, shooting into an occupied vehicle, three counts of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill and possession of a weapon by a felon.

Larry Roberson was hit in the shoulder and was sent to PCMH with what deputies say were non-life threatening injuries.

Brown's bond was set at $2.3 million.

• by jose Location: Stokes on Nov 29, 2011 at 03:34 PM
    i live a few feet and i only herd shots but i thought people were hunting.
  • by Penny Location: Washington on Nov 29, 2011 at 12:24 PM
    Why is his bond so high?!!!! Man can somebody please explain to me. And yeah yeah yeah, I know all about looking at his previous offenses and charges!! But my God, come on let's be for real!!
  • by LADYG Location: GREENVILLE NC on Nov 29, 2011 at 09:59 AM
    First off for all you dummies up here trying to make this guy out to be poor you are illiterate and are only going off of speculations and assumptions. This guy's dad has enough money to buy you all out of your homes. So stop making it like every African American that flashes across the tv screen is abusing the system. Truth be told its just as many Caucasians abusing the system as there is African Americans it’s just not made public. & FURTHER MORE WHAT DOES WELFARE HAVE TO DO WITH THIS? PAUSE… MY POINT EXACTLY. & the guy was trying to make some extra cash the state of NC PROMOTES GAMBLING YOU JUST WORRY ABOUT ALL OF THE MONEY YOU ARE EMBEZZLING BEFORE YOU ARE SO QUICK TO MAKE JUDGEMENT ON THE PATHS PPL CHOOSE TO TAKE IN LIFE. YOU WERE NOT NAILED TO A CROSS NOR DID YOU DIE FOR OUR SINS. ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE NOT YOU! NEITHER YOURSELF NOR I WAS THEIR SO WE DON’T KNOW WHAT TOOK PLACE. TIMES ARE HARD AND MONEY IS EVEN HARDER TO COME ACROSS SO PPL ARE NOT PLAYING ABOUT THEIR MONEY ESPECIALLY WITH THERE BEING A SHORTAGE ON IT. Remember there are 4 sides to a story; the news, his side, the others side, and the truth. NOW YOU ALL HAVE A BLESSED DAY AND ENJOY THE RAIN FIGURATIVELY AND LITERALLY SPEAKING BECAUSE I JUST RAINED ON YOU ALLS PARADE! TOODLES! :)
  • by Mary Location: Greenville on Nov 28, 2011 at 02:07 PM
    If you're already a felon and you commit additional felonies you will always have higher bonds set the next time you break the law. Also higher flight risk means a higher bond. Former felons are ALWAYS a higher flight risk. Common sense really.
  • by D-Sturbed Location: Rock City on Nov 28, 2011 at 01:48 PM
    A little wiser You sound perfect how can you judge someone based on a news story. So what if they were up at 4 am. Who works on the weekend?? Don't be so quick to judge if you are so wise!! I am a white MAN & i have a job so dont you try to cast me in there with whomever you are judging. You should get a new attitude & stop judging.
  • by justin Location: greenville nc on Nov 28, 2011 at 12:54 PM
    Wait till naacp gets a load of this he did even kill anyone and he was also hurt by these fellows his bond is just way to high how will he ever get out of jail. #notfair
      by Penny on Nov 29, 2011 at 12:25 PM in reply to justin
      I totally agree. Come on folks lets be for real.
  • by Sunshine on Nov 28, 2011 at 12:31 PM
    It amazes me of the things many of you write up here. People can't play cards until 4:00 am if they have jobs. You bet your sweet money they do. Was it a game gone bad, sure it was. Was he wrong sure he was on more than one account. Should he be punished of course he should be. But to make statements about if he had an EBT card (correct term) not a (ebit card)was unnecessary. And for the record many people that have EBT cards comes in all races, nationalality's. And for many reasons some good people have to have them. And I hope noone in your family ever have to obtain one. Oh and for the record. I never have had one, been employed all my life, work 40 hours a week. But I understand the system which I have determined many of you don't. People can abuse any system as I am sure you probably abuse things on your job at some point. And some of you I am sure are not working and sitting home all day finding things up here to complain about. With all that said. The man is wrong who ever he is (no I don't even know him) and hopefully he will be judged and punished accordingly.
      by B on Nov 28, 2011 at 01:08 PM in reply to Sunshine
      Thank you SUnshine, what Ive been trying to say all along but my posts arent showing up.
  • by pete Location: grifton on Nov 28, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    Are you sure a bullet didn't bounce off his head and wound the other guy in the shoulder?
  • by Ryan Location: Havelock on Nov 28, 2011 at 11:05 AM
    You want to play with guns? Good to go.. go stand over there while these five guys take shots a you... Oh.. and you're tied to a post..
  • by john Location: farmville on Nov 28, 2011 at 11:04 AM
    i wonder if they were using ebit cards or what
      by Ryan on Nov 28, 2011 at 11:29 AM in reply to john
      Simply fantastic.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 134601178 - witn.com/a?a=134601178