Greenville Woman Reports $60,000 Jewelry Theft

A Greenville woman says $60,000 worth of jewelry was stolen from her home. Now, the daughter of her cleaning woman is facing charges.

Melinda Hudson said she found her wedding ring missing April 8th, a day after her house was cleaned.

Hudson says she called her cleaning woman, who said her daughter had cleaned Hudson's home.

Sarah Saunders, age 27, was arrested. She was charged with felony larceny and obtaining property by false pretense.

Hudson said her wedding ring was worth almost $50,000. She says three other rings, including her grandmother's ring given to Hudson upon her high school graduation, are also missing.

Hudson is offering a $1,500 reward. You can contact her at hmelindahudson@aol.com.

We could not reach Saunders for comment. We did contact the cleaning lady who said her daughter will not be working for her again. Hudson said she had been using the company for a year and had never had any problems.

Hudson says the jewelry was not insured.

• by laura Location: greenville on Apr 20, 2011 at 03:06 PM
    If she's so sorry, why not give back the rings? It's that simple, just give them back. She bought them back from the pawn shop she sold them to, so she knows where they are...maybe she's hiding them and planning on selling them once she's out of jail. And why isn't anyone posting the name of this business. It's likely this girl has cleaned other houses, and if she's so nutty that she'll steal three rings from one person, I bet she's swiped things before.
  • by just saying Location: grifton on Apr 20, 2011 at 08:58 AM
    What a shame. Who are we to judge the upbringing of anyone? I have done my very best to teach my kids right from wrong..but in the end, they will do what they want. And we do not why the daughter felt the need to steal. Sometimes we all have problems and choose the wrong path to correct them. Who knows what she was thinking but her. My prayers to the moma of the daughter and the lady who was stolen from. I hate the thought of her losing her heirlooms from her grandmother, and the moma of the daughter will be in my prayers, for she is hurting enough without outside negatives.
  • by JANET on Apr 19, 2011 at 05:27 PM
    I TAKE ALOT OF PRIDE IN MY WORK AND FAMILY AND WILL CONTINUE TO ALWAYS.. DO I WISH ANYTHING BAD ON MY DAUGHTER?????????????NEVER!!!!!!!!!!! GOD CHASTISES US ALL FOR WRONG IN OUR LIVES ONE WAY OR ANOTHER,JUST AS HE STILL LOVES US AND FORGIVES US I DO MY CHILDREN BECAUSE I AM MAMA AND MY LOVE IS UNCONDITIONAL THO' I DON'T LIKE WHAT SHE HAS DONE I WILL ALWAYS BE THERE FOR HER AND NOT EVER TURN MY BACK ON HER NOW IF LOVING MY CHILD MAKES ME HAVE A BAD BUSINESS THEN I GUESS THAT IS WHAT YOU'D SEE BUT IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN ;BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY AGAINST MINE BECAUSE IT COULD COME BACK ON YOU OR WORSE.. MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH MELINDA AND HER FAMILY DAILY AS WELL AS MINE CAUSE IT HAS NOT BEEN EASY BUT VERY PAINFUL AND HARD NOW TO FACE WHATEVER COMES BUT I AM TRUSTING IN GOD FOR THE OUTCOME....
      by Anonymous on Apr 19, 2011 at 10:48 PM in reply to JANET
      That's a really nice speach but maybe if she was raised a little better she wouldent steal from others.
        by hayes on Apr 20, 2011 at 10:00 AM in reply to
        Anonymous, maybe if you were raised a little better you would have learned how to spell speech. I think all parties get the severity of what has happened.
  • by ANONOMOUS Location: GREENVILLE on Apr 19, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    THE GIRL HAS NOT BEEN CONVICTED OF THIS CRIME UNTIL COURT ,JUST CHARGED AND ARRESTED FOR IT NOW INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILT THIS IS TO HER FRIEND
  • by anonymous Location: gville on Apr 19, 2011 at 11:06 AM
    I know the girl that was convicted,for 10years she is a sweet and would bend over backwards for me no matter what i beleive n god and she also does she knows what she has done was wrong and she is suffering and having a hard time forgivin her self she knows how much she has hurt her mother and they have always been so close everyone has made mistakes n there life and wrong choices but god beleives n forgivness and for a nother chance to live our life right. sarah i luv u girl so dont ever 4get that u have no one cause god is there and if he can 4give u then u have to 4give urself sweetie stop puttin urself through hell and ask god to take those thoughs uv had out of ur head and ask 4 him 2 restore your soul take out all evil so u can live again ur n my prayers.as for the victum i no ur hurt but if ur a child of god ur suppose to forgive a think about everyth. god has givin u 'family , love ,wethiness and a home!its not about the material things its about ur heart ,soul ur family that loves u so deeply! think about it this way what if it was ur kid would you forgive he/she and b there 4her/him when it feels like the whole world is against him/her and that someone was out there trying to put ur kid n jail if grown and has a family would u want to have ur kid riped away from there family or child?
  • by Anonymous Location: ? on Apr 19, 2011 at 06:38 AM
    Why would you keep a ring that cost all that money laying around so someone can take it she should have put it in a safe or lock up at the bank or something
      by Audra on Apr 19, 2011 at 10:56 AM in reply to Anonymous
      What is the point in owning pretty jewelry and then locking it up in a bank where you never get to see it? I find that practice completely foolish. Own a safe at home, fine that makes sense.
  • by ML Location: greenville on Apr 19, 2011 at 04:57 AM
    This cleaning service has cleaned for me for 11 years. I could never be more satisfied with another service. Nothing is ever out of place or broken, and even change is picked up and placed on the counter when found. I am sure she is suffering just as much or more than the victim in this incidence. To the victim, I know it must be devastating to lose such valuable possessions, but my friend and valued cleaning lady has lost a relationship with a daughter whom she loves. Please respect her loss as well. As for the terrible comments toward the victim, no one knows her heart, therefore no one should judge her for owning jewelry that I am sure she worked very hard to obtain. Shame on you for judging...there is forgiveness for you all if you seek the Lord. Sarah, Jesus loves you, and if you ask him for forgiveness you may still face consequences from our judicial system, but not from our Saviour. Rememember, brothers and sisters, let he that hath no sin cast the first stone. I sure have no stones to throw.
  • by donna on Apr 18, 2011 at 06:17 PM
    I know the cleaning lady and can verify that she is an honest and trustworthy person. she has cleaned for me off and on for over five years. She does not deserve this kind of treatment from her daughter.The daughter should be terribly ashamed of what she has done to all those involved.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 17, 2011 at 09:10 AM
    And the $50k ring whose price was artificially inflated provided jobs for slave labor in Sierra Leone. This is also economics. Money is a finite source. The more one person has, the less another has. Simple math. So someone with a million dollars basically is hoarding cash and hurting someone else as far as. Am concerned and they are the real thieves in the world. As the bible says, a rich man getting into heaven is as difficult as a camel passing through the eye of a needle. Think about it.
      by JANET on Apr 18, 2011 at 01:16 PM in reply to
      ALSO, I WANT MY DAUGHTER TO BE PUNISHED FOR THIS SO NOT TO EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!! NO, SHE CAN NOT EVER WORK FOR ME OR WITH ME AGAIN .....I WILL KEEP TRUSTING IN God to get me and my family as well as Melinda's thru this tragic incident....We raise our children and teach them as God would have us do,when they become grown and know right from wrong--------God does not hold us accountable any more but holds them accountable for their sins as we continue to pray thats all we can do.... thank you again for taking the time to read my statement ... I take alot of pride in my work and do it accordingly as i too would want it done.... Sincerely,Janet
  • by old sage Location: down east on Apr 17, 2011 at 08:46 AM
    Here is a great lesson in economics 1113 Anon When people that can afford $50,000 rings are no more , then the jobs for the cleaning people will be gone This woman was providing jobs for both the mother and the daughter. Who was the daughter providings jobs for ? Yeah right jobs for law enforcement to catch her and prison help to keep her locked up , but oh my...these people get paid by each of us thru taxes...can you not get it ?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 119940914 - witn.com/a?a=119940914