The Walmart store full of busy Christmas shoppers had to abandon their carts and evacuate Friday afternoon when a fire alarm went off.
WITN had an employee inside the store at the time who told us when the alarm went off, everyone was ordered out.
At the time it wasn't known if there was a fire or why the alarm sounded.
Shortly afterwards Greenville firefighters told us the alarm had malfunctioned and there was not a fire.
All is now back to normal.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.