Greenville Restaurant Robbed

Greenville police say they have limited details on a armed robbery that happened around midnight.

Sgt. Carlton Williams says the Sonic on Memorial Drive was robbed by one armed person. The suspect was able to get away with $1,074.95.

Williams says in a separate case, a woman's purse was snatched outside the Kangaroo at 1531 SE Greenville Boulevard. He said the victim was on her cell phone at the time of the attack.

• by blake Location: gville on Jun 25, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    When seconds count, police are only minutes away!
  • by JusticeForAll on Jun 22, 2011 at 04:31 PM
    This story is obviously made-up and completely fictional. It is a violation of NC Law to carry a firearm in an establishment that serves alcohol, so there is NO WAY that someone could have robbed a Sonic with a gun. "Gun Control" laws work so well because they are obeyed by EVERYONE, and that is why we have them...
  • by Darren Location: Kill Devil Hills on Jun 22, 2011 at 07:37 AM
    This town going downhill had a lot to do with why I had to get back to the beach after 4 years of my education here at East Carolina University. I only go back now for all football games and some baseball games. Why don't they just bulldoze the entire ghetto west side of Greenville and replace it with new university buildings such as for a new law school, a new agriculture school, and a new divinity school, along with some new dorms, and also raise taxes in Greenville. That will get the ghetto thugs out quick and they will leave the ECU and Pitt students alone. I want my 2 boys to feel safe as I send them to East Carolina following my footsteps.
  • by tweaked on Jun 21, 2011 at 07:15 PM
    Routine, your comment was not funny. This was a serious crime where someone could have been hurt or killed.
  • by tweaked on Jun 21, 2011 at 07:14 PM
      by People Die Every Day on Jun 21, 2011 at 09:03 PM in reply to tweaked
      How they die isn't always their choice. If you don't want robberies to happen, enforce stricter punishment. Don't get on my case because I make light of a bad situation. It's not my fault. If it were up to me, 100 people would be excecuted on death row every day until the prisons were empty. Trust me...if we start killing the criminals instead of coddling them... this will make the change we so desperatly need.
        by Lee on Jun 22, 2011 at 07:04 AM in reply to People Die Every Day
        Yeah prison shouldn't be so cozy. I just read about the Gaston county man who robbed a bank, to go to jail, so he could get free medical care. Prison is better than what alot of people have. Make it the bare minimum, execute murderers, and give no second chance to violent offenders...this is what needs to happen.
          by Darren on Jun 22, 2011 at 07:37 AM in reply to Lee
          AMEN
  • by Bill Location: Greenville on Jun 21, 2011 at 05:12 PM
    We need public hangings and when someone robs, cut off their hands. When people go to prison, take away the tv's along with their rights. No discipline ='s these types of headlines...
  • by Allison on Jun 21, 2011 at 01:42 PM
    Isn't that the same Sonic that was robbed several months ago (maybe even a year ago) where they had video surveillance of the robbery?
  • by The Wise One Location: NC on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    I wonder if there's a connection between the person who robbed Sonic's and the one car accident, which also took place on Memorial Drive per the news report. The one thing that makes me doubt it is the huge lapse in time between the two events; however, you never know...
  • by GBHB on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:24 AM
    Something has to be done. I am getting sick of reading about the rampant crime sprees occurring in Kinston and Greenville on a daily basis. It is almost like the scum inhabiting the two cities are in competition.
      by Zzyzx Road on Jun 21, 2011 at 01:16 PM in reply to GBHB
      Gee, if I had to pick between living in Kinston or Greenville, I'd pick.............Coeur d'Alene, Idaho!
  • by Nag Ger Location: Princeville on Jun 21, 2011 at 10:23 AM
    Bomb Greenville

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 124282824 - witn.com/a?a=124282824