Greenville Restaurant Broken Into Sunday Night

Another Greenville restaurant was robbed late Sunday night when an intruder broke into an Andy's on Arlington Boulevard.

The restaurant which is near the intersection of Arlington Boulevard and Dickinson Avenue was broken into after the store had closed. The break-in was reported early Monday morning, just after midnight.

A Greenville Police report says the thieves smashed in the glass of the backdoor and stole cash from inside. It also reports that similar crimes have been reported in that area.

We searched reports, and found that a thief smashed in the window to rob the Golden Nails and Spa, just a few doors down from the Andy's last Tuesday.

The number to crime stoppers in Greenville is (252) 758-7777.

• by I Have An Idea on Jan 25, 2012 at 03:55 PM
    STOP USING PAPER MONEY! If these places only accepted debit/credit cards, they'd have nothing to steal (except food). Fast food places don't usually require tipping, so there is no need for any cash. Sure a few people will have to go elsewhere, but most people have at least ONE card, (if not more).
      by Formerly O.L.I. on Jan 25, 2012 at 04:08 PM in reply to I Have An Idea
      I have to admit, that's a neat idea. Only problem I see with it, it would limit the scope of customers who frequent the restaurant (think, out-of-towners). Guess they could begin to issue 'food cards'. Great idea!
        by Food Cards! on Jan 26, 2012 at 12:54 AM in reply to Formerly O.L.I.
        Now THAT is a great idea.
  • by Formerly O.L.I. Location: ENC on Jan 25, 2012 at 03:19 PM
    Greenville 'fill in the blank' broken into; Greenville 'fill in the blank' broken into again; over and over and over and...This used to be breaking news; now, it's an everyday occurrence. I have one idea to help disappoint the thieves; keep a tray of 'counterfeit' bills that look real inside the tills, and hand 'em over. When they try to spend the counterfeit bills (businesses should be marking all bills with the detector pens), keep quiet, but alert authorities. If I can think of that, why can't authorities come up with something too?
  • by Keith Location: Greenville on Jan 25, 2012 at 02:34 PM
    I don't understand why these businesses would leave money in the business. Probable had no alarm system.
  • by BOB Location: GREENVILLE on Jan 25, 2012 at 06:52 AM
    WITN, Thats not a robbery. Thats a break-in. There is a big difference. Lets at least get that right.
      by THANKS on Jan 25, 2012 at 03:16 PM in reply to BOB
      Thank you for making that known.You beat me to it. Of course they did it for an attention grabber no matter what problems it causes.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 138028358 - witn.com/a?a=138028358