Greenville Post Office Will Keep Doors Open

A Greenville post office that was once on the chopping block will now remain open.

The U.S. Postal Service Headquarters have taken the ECU station post office off the possible closure list. The post office is located on 10th St. right across from ECU's campus.

The possible closure list once included 20 North Carolina locations that could close if they were not found to be financially viable.

• by m on Sep 2, 2011 at 08:13 AM
    if it's loosing money why keep it open, sell the property to ECU, make the money and the employees will be absorbed by the other local officers. Postal service is a dying institution.... It has nothing to do with who serves you, it's it can't survive on it's own close it.
  • by Sue Location: Greenville on Sep 2, 2011 at 06:40 AM
    I am so glad that the 10th St PO will remain open. I don't know where these "rude" postal workers were whenever I have visited this post office. I have only found helpful and courteous workers there. Keep up the good work.
  • by Anonymous Location: Greenville on Sep 2, 2011 at 06:22 AM
    Yay! That place is so convenient and every time I go there it is busy. I have never had a problem with any of the workers being rude. They have always been nice to me whenever I go in there, which is a couple times a month.
  • by anonymous Location: greenville on Sep 2, 2011 at 05:15 AM
    That is great news.
  • by pIRATE Location: Greenville on Sep 2, 2011 at 04:45 AM
    I agree 100%, but truthfully postal workers are the rudest people you'll encounter. Arrogant, smarter than you are, and lazy. Just let them lose your package. You can forget ever seeing it again. I say close them all and let UPS/FedEx handle it. At least they remember what customer service is.
      by Mom on Sep 2, 2011 at 06:57 AM in reply to pIRATE
      I do not know who you have dealt with that works with the postal service, but they get a bad rap. I have never been to this particular post office, but I have the NICEST mail carrier, both at work and at home, and have had since moving to Greenville. I am sure there are some sour apples in the bunch, but apparently I haven't met the ones in Greenville. Be nice to you mail carrier- they deal with the public sour apples too!
  • by Bart on Sep 2, 2011 at 03:56 AM
    I say close it. They have some of the rudest workers there who seem to think they don't have to do their jobs. Stopped going there when one of the hateful clerks gave me grief about a package I wanted to mail.
      by Charles on Sep 7, 2011 at 03:14 PM in reply to Bart
      Don't know what happened with you.Maybe you were having a bad day.I can tell you that this office has the nicest employees you can find anywhere.John & Cathy are so nice & Helpful to me. Glad it is staying open.
  • by Heather Location: Greenville on Sep 2, 2011 at 03:46 AM
    Am glad to hear they will stay open. I use that post office several times a week, not only because of it's great location, but because of the friendly and efficient service of the people who work there.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 129027523 - witn.com/a?a=129027523