Greenville Police Spokesman Leaving

Greenville Police public information officer Corporal Kip Gaskins is resigning his position.

Gaskins has been with the Greenville Police Department for 19 years. He has served in his current position since 2007.

Greenville Police Chief William Anderson said, "I would like to take this opportunity to thank Corporal Gaskins for his 19 years of dedicated service to the city of Greenville. I am particularly grateful for the opportunity that I have had to work closely with Kip over the last three years while he has served as our Public Information Officer. Everyone at the Greenville Police Department wishes him well as he pursues other career opportunities.

Plans for Gaskins next job have not been announced yet.

Corporal Gaskins last day will be Friday, December 3.

Sergeant J.C. Williams will assume the position of crime prevention and public information officer.

• by Go Kip on Dec 2, 2010 at 07:34 PM
    He'll work for a better department in a better position for a boss he likes...and his 19 years will count towards state retirement. Best of luck Kip!
  • by srcaufalot Location: farmville on Dec 2, 2010 at 04:50 PM
    Guess he can't take any more of the corruption that's going on in Pitt Co.
  • by city guy Location: Greenville on Dec 2, 2010 at 03:08 PM
    no city insurance unless he works 20yrs.....Why leave at 19?
  • by Law Abiding Citizen Location: Greenville on Dec 2, 2010 at 12:48 PM
    Goodness People...let the man resign. As far as Chief Anderson, well I'm sure most of "you" would NOT be satisfied with ANYTHING he did. My theory is....you can't please everyone. I wish Corporal Gaskins the best. We should be "SUPPORTING" our law enforcement, not tearing it DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • by Posted by: To Lumpy Location: Washington on Dec 2, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    I hate to tell you, but, even though the chairs were bought with "a government grant", that grant DOES cost the taxpayers. Where do you think grant money comes from, the "Grant Ferry"?
  • by Jerry on Dec 2, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    The last time I checked, grants were paid for by somebodys taxes. Just because local taxes did not pay for the chairs doesnt make it right. $1200. chairs is a waste of money. No wonder our country is broke. That money could of been used to buy more weapons or ammunition. Im sure Office Depot sells computer desk chairs for much less.
  • by concerned citizen Location: SNOW HILL on Dec 2, 2010 at 11:36 AM
    I guess there are problems in every dept and it is sad. I live in gc. Officers come and go in GC more than they do at Walmart. There are serious problems within that dept. Most the officers still make under $30,00.00 no matter how long they have been there. These poor officers have not had a raise in several yrs. But the Sheriff can go out and buy a new county vehicle for his self to drive around in when there is nothing wrong with what he has. It is very sad to think these guys risk their lives everyday for less than $30,000.00 a year. We lost one officer this year and he left behind 2 small kids. Its time the county take a hard look at the Greene County Sheriff's Dept!! Stop looking from the outside looking in. We need to be looking on the inside.
  • by To Lumpy Location: Washington on Dec 2, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    I believe this story is about Cpl Kip Gaskins from Greenville Pd. What does that have to do with Chairs?? Good grief folks. Wish nothing but great things for Cpl Gaskins. Good Luck with your future endeavors.
  • by To Lumpy Location: Washington on Dec 2, 2010 at 11:02 AM
    Dear lumpy, those chairs and other office furniture was paid for by a government grant. No cost to the taxpayers! Know your facts!!
  • by ANDERSON Location: GREENVILLE on Dec 2, 2010 at 10:49 AM
    I hope the people of Greenville understand that GPD is going to***sorry already lost most of the good officers. The crime rate in Greenville has gotten out of control and I’m not talking about the statistics that Anderson reports to the media because statistics can be made to be what ever the person reporting them wants them to be. Example Anderson has instructed his officers to report a car or house getting shot up with bullets to be suspicious activity if nobody gets shot. This clearly and previously before he became chief was considered a more serious crime but when crime statistics are reported to the media suspicious activity doesn’t sound that bad. This is just what I’ve heard and who I’m I to dare challenge a chief who lets his wife drive around in his cop car and has the power to hire and fire who ever without answering to anyone I just live here.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111163174 - witn.com/a?a=111163174