Greenville Police Search For Robbery Suspect

Greenville police are searching for a suspect in an armed robbery dispute that took place right behind the WITN studio.

Police say a man armed with a semi-automatic handgun held up a 53-year-old man in the parking lot off Arlington Blvd Wednesday around 5:15 a.m.

The gunman stole the victim's wallet, cell phone and keys. Police have not made any arrests so far.

• by armed robbery dispute? on Aug 18, 2011 at 02:59 PM
    So, when a person is murdered, we can call that an altercation? I walked into a BB&T bank the other day to withdraw $100,000. They claimed I didn't have that much in my account. I forced them to give me the money. It was just a misunderstanding.
  • by pete Location: grifton on Aug 18, 2011 at 02:50 PM
    I think I saw him wearing a black(can I say that?) hoodie,black shoes and black pant's.keep an eye out for him.he should be easy to spot with a hoodie and 90 degree weather.
  • by honest on Aug 18, 2011 at 11:38 AM
    What is suspect,s shoe size. I may have seen him.
  • by Come on WITN Location: ENC on Aug 18, 2011 at 07:41 AM
    WITN continues its lack of adequate journalism by not stating the suspect description. While they have no problem describing a white suspect, they refuse to describe other races. This is not only bad journalism, but does not give the public at large anything to look out for, which could end in another robbery. If this guy is not caught, but robs again, it's on WITN's head.
      by lisa on Aug 18, 2011 at 10:03 AM in reply to Come on WITN
      When did WITN start having a problem describing a Black suspect? Are you sure, you watch WITN..Greenville News? Maybe with all of the lying by people in Greenville regarding robberies, WITN is waiting until the get an official description or police sketch. How many times has an ECU student claimed a Black person robbed them, only to find out that it was a lie?
        by I guess you dont read on Aug 18, 2011 at 01:02 PM in reply to lisa
        I guess you do not read these stories often. Rarely, if ever, does WITN give a description if the suspect is of color. This was no issue with ECU, but rather an armed robbery of a middle aged man. A suspect description, especially when the suspect is not caught, is warranted, regardless of skin color.
  • by NC_Dave Location: Greenville on Aug 18, 2011 at 06:55 AM
    Haven't you heard... crime is down in Greenville. The Chief of Police and City Council have said so.
      by duh on Aug 18, 2011 at 09:32 AM in reply to NC_Dave
      i'm willing to bet that neither the Chief nor any Council member could pass a basic Statistics exam.
  • by Big-G Location: Greenville on Aug 18, 2011 at 06:06 AM
    I agree with CHP, I refuse to be a victim and am armed and trained. If this were to happen at my biz they wouldn't still be looking for the guy....promise.
      by duh on Aug 18, 2011 at 09:34 AM in reply to Big-G
      that's nice...and what if you're wrong? what if having a weapon and an attitude doesn't make you invincible? what if they have better aim? what if your gun jams? what if you pee yourself because you actually have to act and not just run your mouth? enough with the machismo. i'm not a bear, making yourself appear bigger than you are won't scare me away.
  • by CHP on Aug 18, 2011 at 04:53 AM
    If you love your family, you have a responsibility to arm yourself. Don't be a victim.
  • by scary Location: near studio on Aug 18, 2011 at 04:48 AM
    holy cow... any closer and you guys woulda had it live on tv!! I recommend that you guys carry mace or a 'stun gun' if you don't feel comfortable with a real gun! if everybody arms themselves, these scum bag crooks may think twice!
  • by description on Aug 18, 2011 at 03:26 AM
    Wearing shoes. One on left foot and one on right foot???? easy to find.
      by Lurking on Aug 18, 2011 at 04:32 AM in reply to description
      We all know the description. And WITN how was this a dispute?? Seems to me there wasn't much of a dispute: I have a gun, give me what you got, no dispute!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127995413 - witn.com/a?a=127995413