Greenville Police Search For Armed Robbery Suspect

Greenville police are searching for a suspect in an armed robbery that took place in an apartment complex parking lot.

A Greenville Police report shows the hold-up took place at the Wilson Acres Apartments on East 1st St. Detectives responded to a 23-year-old man being robbed by a man with a semi-automatic handgun around 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

The report says the gunman stole hundreds of dollars in cash and a GPS. The victim was not injured in the robbery.

Anyone with information should call Crime Stoppers at 252-758-7777.

• by Anonymous on Sep 21, 2011 at 03:14 PM
    Wilson acres is a fine place, he was probably a victim of circumstance by being out alone so late.
  • by ANS Location: Greenville on Sep 20, 2011 at 10:04 AM
    I LIVE here. As a female I am concerned for my safety, I have to walk my dog at all times of the night due to his very small bladder. This does not make me feel safe at all. I would love a description of this armed robber so I can protect myself.
      by Hmm on Sep 20, 2011 at 03:36 PM in reply to ANS
      Don't live in the ghetto. Or potty train your dog to go on the indoor potty pad things they make might be a better idea then going outside.
        by Anonymous on Sep 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM in reply to Hmm
        Wilson Acres isn't the ghetto. It's just a few blocks from campus, the vast majority who live there are students.
  • by Anonymous on Sep 20, 2011 at 09:21 AM
    Never head of the "kandi smith doctrine" What is it? How do I find out more info.
  • by Cayden Location: Greenville on Sep 20, 2011 at 07:20 AM
    Greenville PD need to spend more time patrolling and less time harassing people about stupid things.
  • by Becca Location: Smithers on Sep 20, 2011 at 06:14 AM
    this is crazy. G ville police need to do more to keep crime off the streets. There is always something going on in Greenville. I grew up there and the crime just keeps getting worse and worse and now My hubby daughter and I live in kinston and the crime here is not much better. The main problem here is drugs . As soon as we can we are moving to the country . Eastern north carolina needs more police and a wake up call.
  • by Anonymous on Sep 20, 2011 at 05:46 AM
    i guess no one is reading the kandi smith doctrine the city council proposed.
  • by Citizen Location: Greenville on Sep 20, 2011 at 05:10 AM
    No "hmm" it can not be tracked. A GPS is a receiving device in most cases (especially with consumer devices).
  • by Hmm... on Sep 20, 2011 at 04:38 AM
    The robber stole a GPS...what an idiot. Can it not be tracked when it is turned on?
  • by Mom of victim on Sep 20, 2011 at 04:30 AM
    Please put a description out there before this man robs and possibly shoots other victims. He needs to be stopped!
      by rogelio on Sep 20, 2011 at 04:39 AM in reply to Mom of victim
      Due to the fact that no "description" of the perp is givin, one must assume political correctness is running the show. Now that ECU is back......let the feeding begin!!!!
  • by Anonymous on Sep 20, 2011 at 03:18 AM
    How is the public going to be able help with such a limited report?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 130179758 - witn.com/a?a=130179758