Greenville Police Search For Armed Robbery Suspect

Greenville Police are investigating an armed robbery that happened Wednesday night.

Police say the holdup happened at The Tobacco Mart on Old Tar Rd., near the intersection of Evans St. and Fire Tower Rd. Detectives say the gunman hit the store clerk with his gun then stole cash.

The robbery took place just after 9:30 p.m. So far, police have not named a suspect.

• by Taylor on Jul 8, 2011 at 08:28 AM
    Why arent they posting pictures of the robber like the did with the robbery of the Long John Silvers? He has a camera in his store. And it was only a matter of time before he got robbed, he should hire a partner to work with because he's always solo and I'm sure the robber knew this!
  • by g-man Location: greenville on Jul 8, 2011 at 07:18 AM
    just how many armed robbery suspects are gpd now looking for, and they can not just fine one!
  • by Chuck Location: Greenville on Jul 7, 2011 at 01:16 PM
    We go to pizza hut in same complex weekly. They were robbed night before last.Then this Tobacco shoping same shopping strip last night. Tuesday night,Wednesday night. What about Tonight? Bet the stupid thugs will be back tonight at same shopping strip. "Hey Cops",Just sit out there in unmarked car tonight.You Just might Ss Them & might catch them. Better still,Sheriff Elks Can catch them for sure. Stake the place out.
  • by Big Watermelon Location: Greenville on Jul 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM
    Like they are going to find the robber! I agree, color the town in YELLOW TAPE....too much crime and too many cops having coffee and donuts at dunkin donuts or chicken at Bojangles!
      by To Big Watermelon on Jul 7, 2011 at 05:09 PM in reply to Big Watermelon
      Why don't you go on a ride along with a police officer and then see what you have to say...
  • by Anonymous on Jul 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM
    Greenville needs to change it's name to Robberiesville Nc.
  • by Rolo Location: duck and cover on Jul 7, 2011 at 11:00 AM
    I'm going to start selling Crime Scene tape to the city, I'll be rich! Then I'll proabaly get robbed....
  • by Jack Location: ENC on Jul 7, 2011 at 09:46 AM
    I dont shop in Greenville anymore because I dont feel safe there, My child wanted to go to ECU, But they are going to Wake Forest instead, the police in Greenville are part of the problem, they dont even look for the thugs, cause they are too busy writing parking tickets for students.
      by Friend on Jul 7, 2011 at 11:43 AM in reply to Jack
      NICE! Wake Forest will give your child a much better education than ECU ever would.
  • by Anonymous on Jul 7, 2011 at 08:00 AM
    It's time to move to a safer town.
  • by Oh Kandie Location: Greenville on Jul 7, 2011 at 07:58 AM
    Where is Kandie Smith? She started this whole mess by acting like a thug, getting arrested, and getting off with pay. Her actions led her constituents to think they could rob and shoot at will, with no consequences. Great job Kandie! You must be proud!
      by Anonymous on Jul 7, 2011 at 09:25 AM in reply to Oh Kandie
      she and the entire city council are taking concealed weapons class and charging it to the city probably.
  • by Russ Location: Henderson on Jul 7, 2011 at 07:06 AM
    I wonder what they are looking for this time?
      by Anti-NAACP on Jul 7, 2011 at 07:37 AM in reply to Russ
      White male, shirt and tie, and held the victim up with his degree.
      by Hmmm on Jul 7, 2011 at 07:54 AM in reply to Russ
      Gee, I'm wondering the same thing. I'm going out on a limb here, but I think it was an African American male. I know, hard to believe right?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 125132174 - witn.com/a?a=125132174