NEW INFO: Greenville Police Investigating Death

Greenville police have released the name of a man found dead in his driveway early this morning, but few other details about his death.

The body of William "Bozo" Cooper was discovered in his vehicle at his home on Fleming Street around 4:40 a.m.

Police will only say they are conducting a death investigation and no other information about the 60-year-old man's death is being released at this time.

Previous Story

Greenville police say they are investigating the death of a person on Fleming Street this morning.

Sgt. Carlton Williams said officers are at the location conducting a death investigation. Around 4:40 a.m. they received a call of a dead body inside a car that was parked between two duplexes.

Police have not released any other information on the death.

Stay with WITN News and witn.com for more on this developing story.

• by neice on Aug 29, 2011 at 03:10 PM
    Funeral Services for William Bozo Cooper are as follows: Wake Friday Sept 2nd From 2pm-7pm at roundtree Funeral Home, and the funeral is on Sat Sept 3rd at 1:00pm at Anointed Ones Church in Ayden NC
  • by citizen Location: greenville on Aug 28, 2011 at 10:01 PM
    If u want police officers to patrol the streets,John go to the station yourself, if you're so concerned. There is always someone there to hear your complaint. u may not agree with the answer, oh well.
  • by Lee Judge Location: Atlanta, GA on Aug 25, 2011 at 07:59 PM
    I occasionally DJ'd at the Elbo, and more than regularly hung out there from 90-94. I looked forward to seeing Bozo each time I went downtown. Everyone loved him and always felt safer when he was around. He was a great guy and will be sadly missed. Whether Bozo kicked you out for fighting, drug you out for being drunk, or let you in free because you were a regular, you got to know him, like him, respect him, and will surely miss him. RIP Bozo.
  • by LT Peaden Location: Greenville on Aug 25, 2011 at 07:02 PM
    Bozo has been a good friend since the mid 70s. He was someone you could trust to back you up when things got rough. He was always a lot of fun to be around. If the whole world were filled with decent and honorable people like Bozo, it would be a better place. RIP Bozo. My condolences to the Cooper family.
  • by Adal Location: GA on Aug 25, 2011 at 05:38 PM
    My heart goes out to the Cooper family in which I am glad to be in this family. My auntie and my uncle raised their children to be God fearing and to work with their own hands. And my heart goes out to my aunt who has to grieve over her child. Please stop posting these negative comments.
  • by Sam Location: Kitty Hawk on Aug 25, 2011 at 01:27 PM
    RIP Bozo! My wife and I remember Bozo from back in my ECU days and he was a really straight up good guy. He was funny, he worked hard at what he did, and liked to have a good time. May God be with the Cooper and Jarman families at this difficult time! Hopefully the police will catch that lowlife scumbag who killed him and give him the death penalty. Hopefully that girl I see that set him up will go to prison for life. Anti-NAACP, I also am that, but at least I respect and like black people in general, and thought very highly of Bozo. It doesn't matter what part of town this was in. The fact of the matter was that a good hard-working man got killed and there are people who are suffering and mourning over this. Show some respect.
  • by Blessed Location: Heaven is my home on Aug 25, 2011 at 01:16 PM
    The girl involved is not telling the truth from what I hear, there is a lady that lives in the neighborhood, who just happen to be sitting on the porch when it happened and saw everything and from what I know she has even given a statement saying so. And I hear that the young lady also told another neighbor what had happen and also called someone else and told them what happen and that she supposedly didn't know if he was dead or alive and she was scared.Where are these people now? why haven't they come forward? why isn't someone compared the stories, I know I've heard two similar stories and one was the one that was told to the neighbor when it happen. And the killer is out somewhere thinking he has gotten away with murder. Someone needs to come clean. I'm very sad for the families lose and I give my deepest condolences to all the family and friends.
  • by r Location: Greenville on Aug 25, 2011 at 01:06 PM
    I did not know this man but clearly from reading the comments he was a man that was well respected and loved by his friends. It also appears that he was very kind and hard working. Perhaps some kid will learn from “Bozo” that this is how you get true respect and love. My deepest condolences to all his family and friends.
  • by Lisa Location: Farmville on Aug 25, 2011 at 12:35 PM
    So sorry to hear about Bozo's passing! I remember him from about 20 years ago, when I worked at the Sportspad in downtown Greenville. He was so nice and funny too. He always had a big smile on his face. May you RIP Bozo!
  • by concern Location: greenville on Aug 25, 2011 at 12:03 PM
    sorry 2 here of the death of BOZO.i hope u find the killers soon, the girl that was involed he was good to her, and she set him up, get them off the street soon ,

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 128313958 - witn.com/a?a=128313958