Greenville Police Investigate Two Armed Robberies

Greenville police are investigating armed robberies that happened almost back to back Tuesday night.

Police say two men robbed the Burger King on North Memorial Dr. at gunpoint around 10 p.m. According to the police report, the two were armed with a semi-automatic handgun. The two suspects got away with a large sum of cash. No injuries were reported.

Just 10 minutes before that hold-up, a 19-year-old was robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of the University Suites apartment complex off West Arlington Blvd. Police say the suspects used a semi-automatic gun to steal the victim's cell phone.

If you have any information on these two robberies, Greenville police ask you to call Crime Stoppers at (252) 758-7777.

• by Legal Location: north of the river on Aug 11, 2011 at 07:10 PM
    I drive to work "north of the river" every day. That's why I carry my Smith&Wesson every day.
  • by Chuck Location: Greenville on Aug 11, 2011 at 06:33 PM
    These businesses on North Memorial invested money in this area to provide needed services to the folks who live over there.The thanks they get is getting robbed. One of these days these business will say enough is enough & Close down. North of the river is really in another world. Might be safer in Harlem New York than north of the river. Not my problem.Just Sayin'.
  • by Shame Shame Location: Greenville on Aug 11, 2011 at 02:26 PM
    As a resident of this property I have noticed that the police officer that lives here spends a lot of time while in uniform at the apartment... for once it would have been nice for this police officer to waste tax dollars by being home in hopes that this could have been prevented.
  • by Local Location: Greenville on Aug 11, 2011 at 01:08 PM
    Take a stroll down W. 5th skreet. Plenty of people walking those skreets with NOTHING TO DO but stir up crouble. No telling how many more are driving and on bicycles. Have a nice day.
      by Dave on Aug 11, 2011 at 02:02 PM in reply to Local
      I agree. I don't want to be around anybody causing "CROUBLE" and I don't even know what that is. It does sound bad though.
  • by Local Location: Greenville on Aug 11, 2011 at 01:03 PM
    Crime...what crime? We don't have no stinkin' crime round herrrre? hahaha..Crime is lower, RIGGGGGHHHTTT!!!
  • by Susan Location: G'Vegas on Aug 11, 2011 at 12:53 PM
    I don't know what everyone is so upset about here. The crime rate is down and we live in Mayberry where you can actually walk down a street in the evening and feel safe. Our Police Chief just told us all this, so what is everyone so worried about. Time to clean house at the City of Greenville Police Department and start with someone who can actually recognize a crime spree when they see it. It will get worse until the citizens do more than voice their opinions on emails. We have to take it back in the voters booths. I know we have some really good police officers out there on the streets but they have no leadership and the courts hands are tied and have to release the scum back into society. We the people need to be heard.... enough is enough.
  • by Citizen Location: Greenville on Aug 11, 2011 at 12:11 PM
    I posted this earlier, but it did not make it through for some reason... It is awfully fishy that the "crime report" was held out until near midnight and then we find that this crime happened at the same time, but is reported later... The council is full of baloney, as is the report. STOP THE LIES!
  • by Not Surprised Location: Ayden on Aug 11, 2011 at 11:44 AM
    When you come home from work and your back door is kicked in and your house robbed....you feel shock, for a minute. Then rage. When are people going to understand...get a job and stop stealing from those of us that work hard for what we have! NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING!!!!
      by Ja'qaun on Aug 11, 2011 at 01:53 PM in reply to Not Surprised
      u do oe me whitey, how could I get money for my newports if I dont cell my food stamps? my check is only enuff to gets the nasessates like soda, n chips n stuff...y'al be needen to reconize we try but the man wont give me no job, I did my time in jail, I paid my deabt to y'al, so i'm gona gets mine anyway...run and tell that!
  • by uh Location: Greenville on Aug 11, 2011 at 09:49 AM
    The crime report was inaccurate. This is like saying you are 200 pounds and have a cancer tumor, so you gain 50 pounds and the cancer grows by 5 pounds. The cancer "shrunk" relative to your body's weight, but it's actually bigger. Bad math.
  • by General Lee on Aug 11, 2011 at 09:46 AM
    What.....An armed robbery in the great city of Greenville? You have to be kidding, right?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 127510053 - witn.com/a?a=127510053