Greenville Man Dies In Motorcycle Accident

A Greenville man is dead after a motorcycle accident early Saturday morning.

According to Highway Patrol the accident happened around 2:54 a.m. 37-year-old Lee Carey was driving a 2009 Suzuki motorcycle on Mobleys Bridge Road in Grimesland traveling west.

Troopers say Carey didn't stop for the stop sign at the intersection of Ivy Road, he then ran off the road straight ahead and struck a ditch. Carey was ejected from the motorcycle and came to the rest in a yard. Carey's motorcycle struck a house.

Troopers say Carey was going 60 mph. The posted speed limit was 55 mph.

Carey was transported to Vidant Medical Center where he died.

• by SugarBaby Location: Greenville on Feb 18, 2012 at 07:14 AM
    Ok...This wonderious man left behind his awesome wife,his 2 kids and I don't know how much deppressing this can get!!! His daughter is in my grade and it is soooooo sad because she cried like at least ever 2 hours in school yesterday. :( R.I.P. Lee Carey
  • by Calesha Location: Greenville on Feb 15, 2012 at 10:05 AM
    I am usually not a very vocal person when it comes to things like this but, I can't hold this in. Are your hearts so hard that you cant feel any pain. When a murderer dies you should feel something and this man was no murderer. Now I will admit when I first met Lee I wsa a little scared bc he is indeed a big man. But it took about 5 minutes and I was sold on the "BIG TEDDY BEAR" thing. I dont care what he was doing the moments before he passed I focuse on the 17 years with his wife...all the years with his family and friends, thats what counts. They lost someone special and truth be known you probably did too bc if you had ever needed him he would have been there for you as inconsiderate and unfeeling as you are. He was just that "SWEET" Lee you will be missed
  • by Richard Location: virginia on Feb 14, 2012 at 11:27 AM
    Rip lee we will all miss you
  • by Jeff Location: Winterville on Feb 13, 2012 at 07:15 PM
    This is tragic news. Rest in peace. A great man has left this earth over the weekend.
  • by Mary Location: Virignia on Feb 13, 2012 at 04:31 PM
    We love the Carey family and to think someone could be so heartless to make these comments.Lee was like a big teddy bear and loved his family.We send our love from New Temple Grove with much love.
  • by BIG BEAR Location: EASTERN NC. on Feb 13, 2012 at 02:23 PM
    I knew this man and his wife. Good people. He was a father, a husband, a brother,and a friend to all who met him. He would do anything to help you . Where it was give you a word to make you smile a joke or just a hug. Bad things happen to good people. To the ones who are saying the negative things how about knocking it off. Seems to me you lost a loved one not too long ago who did not have the best record in the State.He did some pretty bad things as I recall. He did not make the news.It is a sad day and it is best left alone when it comes to feelings and stupid and very irresponsible statements. If I were you sir I would go back and look at what my child did and what you did for him and measure out the things that you did or didn't do. The Issue is We as in Friends family, Brothers and Sisters are hurting due to a tragic untimely death.Please IF you have nothing good to say about him Please refrain from Spewing your ignorance.To the GRMC Brothers and Sisters and the Carey Family my heart goes out to all of you and to the Wife and Children One day we will see him again. He is riding on the range up in the sky.If you see the Break in the dark clouds and the little ray of sunlight That will be Lee"Sinner" Carey Smiling down at all of us! RIP Peace Brother Keep Riding and Watching over us all! I will Miss the Jam sessions and the Hugs and jokes and you trying to sing BACKDOOR MAN with me at Karaoke. I would love to have sang a few more songs and played a few more songs with you . But ONE DAY BROTHER WE WILL BE JAMMING AGAIN! LOVE YOU BROTHER!
  • by Laura StickyT. Location: Franklin county on Feb 13, 2012 at 01:04 PM
    Early Sat. morning a Loving Husband,Father,Brother,& Friend was taken from us all. He will be truly missed by everyone. He touched so many peoples lives that knew him and life will never be the same without him. We will never forget you! We will be there for your family thru this difficult time. RIP Sinner Love you Brother!
  • by Doris Location: Chesapeake, Va. on Feb 13, 2012 at 09:53 AM
    My thoughts and prayers go out to the Carey family at this time of sorrow.
  • by do away with comment section on Feb 13, 2012 at 08:08 AM
    they need to do away with this comment section. its just pointless . some people just dont know what to say out of their mouth during a time like this. Rip to the driver. hearts go out to the family. keep your heads up.
  • by Sad4you Location: Greenville on Feb 13, 2012 at 07:17 AM
    It seems lately we read about accidents with motorcycles a lot. I hope all riders will keep alert and slow down a little. It is so sad for family members to have to go through such pain. NO matter the cirumstances, losing a loved one is heartbreaking.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 139186499 - witn.com/a?a=139186499