NEW INFO: ECU Police Investigating Halloween Armed Robbery

The ECU Police Department is investigating an armed robbery on campus, and the gunman was wearing a Michael Myers mask.

Police say the victim was held up between West End Dining and Clement Hall at approximately 1:05 a.m. Tuesday. The robber was wearing navy blue coveralls and the mask the main character in the "Halloween" horror film series. Police say the gunman used a black handgun to hold up the man, who is not a student at ECU, before running away from the scene.

The victim was not injured.

University police say this is the first reported armed robbery on campus in two years. A campus crime report does list two robberies this year were weapons were not used.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the ECU Police Department at (252) 328-6787. Information can be provided anonymously at www.ecu.edu/police

Previous Story:

ECU Police are investigating a reported robbery that happened in downtown Greenville Halloween night. Police would not confirm any other details overnight.

Greenville Police say the activity downtown was "relatively uneventful," giving a nod to Mother Nature for the rain that kept things quieter than in years past. Police blocked off parts of downtown and beefed up their patrols on the street to keep the peace.

• by James Location: ECU campus on Nov 16, 2011 at 08:14 AM
    Justice For All, You're a complete idiot. I live on campus, and the robbery happened about 100 feet from my dorm. If you are going to claim things false, make sure you check your facts first. Yes, anyone can walk on campus. In fact right now, there's an armed suspect on campus they're trying to find. Just because it's illegal to do something doesn't mean people aren't going to do it.
  • by Justice for all on Nov 3, 2011 at 06:00 PM
    This "news" story is obviously made up and completely fictional. It is against NC State Law to bring a firearm onto a college campus (unless you are a cop). Since everyone knows that "gun control" laws really work, and actually deter criminals from committing violent crimes, there is simply NO WAY that someone committed armed robbery on ECU's campus with a gun. Please, WITN, when will you stop publishing these fabricated, fictional stories?
  • by rl Location: bear grass on Nov 1, 2011 at 04:58 PM
    This can't be. Guns are not allowed on campus.
  • by Chris Location: Greenville on Nov 1, 2011 at 03:06 PM
    Wow, I was wearing that same outfit at a halloween party on Friday. Whew , glad I only had a machete.
  • by D Location: Greenville on Nov 1, 2011 at 01:04 PM
    I'm pretty sure I saw a guy matching this description with another guy hanging out in front of Sup Dogs around 9 p.m. or so. It's sad, we had 100 cops standing around doing mostly nothing while one block away real crime was occurring. When will the police learn that it is not the college students causing the crime, it's the people praying on the college students.
      by D on Nov 1, 2011 at 01:49 PM in reply to D
      **preying
      by Huh? on Nov 1, 2011 at 04:01 PM in reply to D
      This comment is so illogical it's almost funny. So where should the 100 cops have been hanging out? On campus? Where all the students live?
        by G on Nov 1, 2011 at 05:11 PM in reply to Huh?
        His comment isn't that illogical. Instead of having 50 cops standing around in a group around the barriers to downtown, perhaps some should have be spread around the walkways to downtown.
  • by G on Nov 1, 2011 at 11:18 AM
    I think I saw that guy lurking at the corner of Reade and Cotanche streets about that time. Funny that no police were stationed there even though it was the main walkway between where the ECU buses were discharging passengers and downtown.
  • by lucky on Nov 1, 2011 at 09:52 AM
    Me and my girlfriend just missed the robbery. We were walking through there within five minutes of when it occurred. Scary to think that could have been us.
  • by jOkEr Location: crime alley on Nov 1, 2011 at 09:15 AM
    It was Dave looking for money to buy a bus ticket back to PA...
  • by local tired of crime on Nov 1, 2011 at 09:10 AM
    it is sad to see how this area continues to decline. I am an ECU grad from the nineties, when I was going to school there, I never remember armed robberies,I remember a laid back polite student body but with all the crime in eastern nc its no surprise crime is getting worse by the minute.
      by Anonymous on Nov 2, 2011 at 05:55 PM in reply to local tired of crime
      I graduated from NCCU in the nineties and we had robberies, murderers on campus, and riots on campus. When I came back to Eastern NC thinking I was safe in the nineties this man told me it is no safer here than where you left.
  • by REM Location: ENC on Nov 1, 2011 at 07:22 AM
    More proof that "no gun zones" are only invitations to get robbed and shot. Might as well paint a target on your back when you walk on campus, because that's exactly what you are. A free target.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 132982208 - witn.com/a?a=132982208