Greenville Girl Loses Battle With Cancer Months After Dream Fulfilled

Last year we told you about a courageous young lady who was battling cancer. Friday we learned she lost that battle.

When we first met Elizabeth Donato in November, she just found out the month before she had cancer and she was getting ready to start her treatments. We went out with her as her dream was granted from a local non-profit organization called Dream Factory to be picked up by a limo and go on a shopping spree.

WITN would like to extend our condolences to the Donato family.

PREVIOUS STORY:
It was a dream come true for a young Greenville girl battling cancer. She got picked up by a limo and taken to the mall for a shopping spree.

12-year-old Elizabeth Donato found out less than a month ago that she had cancer. She has since undergone surgery and starts treatment Monday. But Sunday she got to put those worries aside and shop!

The non-profit organization “Dream Factory” grants dreams to about five critically or chronically ill children every year. And this year Donato was granted her dream.

Donato says, “I’m excited, I’ve never gotten to do this before and I’m glad I get to do it with my mom, sister, and brother.”

Doctors predict Donato will be in chemotherapy for about a year, but she says days like this help her stay positive.

• by Crystal on Sep 5, 2011 at 09:04 AM
    My prayers are with this family. May God help you in the weeks and months ahead. God Bless
  • by Faith Location: Greenville on Sep 5, 2011 at 06:19 AM
    Thoughts and Prayers go out to this childs family,May God strenght you all.
  • by Angela Location: Wilson on Sep 4, 2011 at 01:29 PM
    Rest In Peace Little Angel.
  • by MB Location: Martin County on Sep 4, 2011 at 09:47 AM
    Rest in Peace Dear Sweet Child; may God hold you in His arms; Prayers to the family for healing of Mind, Body and Soul; may God bring Peace into your hearts through The Father; The Son, and The Holy Ghost; in Dear Sweet Jesus Name I Pray. Amen.
  • by Jeff Location: Goldsboro on Sep 4, 2011 at 05:51 AM
    Rest in Peace Angel, Thoughts are with her family during their loss.
  • by Joan on Sep 4, 2011 at 03:38 AM
    I pray God shows His perfect peace to this family during this very difficult time. God bless you all.
  • by Kim Location: ENC on Sep 3, 2011 at 05:31 PM
    So sorry for your lost. Praying that God will comfort you and your family.
  • by G R Whitfield Staff Location: Grimesland on Sep 3, 2011 at 01:42 PM
    My thoughts and prayers are with this family! Elizabeth was a blessing to have in class! I will miss that beautiful smile! Rest In Peace Lizzy!
  • by GR Whitfield Parent Location: Grimesland on Sep 3, 2011 at 11:23 AM
    My daughter was friends with Elizabeth and is very heart broken. I am heart broken for her and Lizzy family. She will be missed dearly and won't be forgotten. Hug your child today and everyday.
  • by Blessed Location: Greenville on Sep 3, 2011 at 09:34 AM
    I am blessed just by reading this story. Such a beautiful young lady! She isan inspiration and will always bring love to her family and all who knew her. God bless her and her loved ones.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 110943924 - witn.com/a?a=110943924