Arson Suspected In Greenville Fire

Arson is suspected in a morning fire in Greenville.

A duplex at 403 Summit Street was heavily damaged in the fire which was reported around 7:40 a.m.

The fire department says no one was home in either apartment when the fire broke out. Three engines from Greenville Fire-Rescue were sent to the call.

Greenville police are now investigating the fire. They say they now have a person of interest in the case.

• by moved on... Location: Anonymous on Mar 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    It is unbelievable, & absolutely dumbfounding... How you "Greenville Natives" & "Greenville Lover's" bicker, moan, & argue over anything & everything possible. There was nothing to argue over... you are wrong and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Not only because of your lack of diction and punctuation, but for wasting your time in a fruitless endeavor. With that said, I am a former resident of this house ( six year ). I lived on the opposite side of the duplex from whence the fire started. I have so many good memories from 403-A South Summit Street, though they have burned and left my reality, as of now. Furthermore, I do not believe this was "Arson". When the fraternity house burned, it was deemed an electrical fire. Though there is video and photographs of a SIG EP brother leaving a lit cigarette on a couch, sitting on the front porch. In 403 Summit, all I have to state.. Is that it is un-wise to use an oven as a heat source. Along with multiple space heaters running on the same circuit, within a 60 year old house. Lastly, powering the other side of the duplex with extension cords which are running off of the same circuit as the space heaters... was not a good idea. Crying arson was a cop-out to buy time. Sincerely, heartbroken that my undergrad house is gone.
  • by from a great place on Mar 17, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    Evidently you were the only one offended since no one else has posted ugly uncalled for comments about my original post. I am sorry you were offended, but that gave you NO right to be ugly. Maybe if you really stopped and thought about what you posted you would see that it was very ugly. Hope you have a wonderful day. I have no interest in an argument with you here. I had a right to post my opinion. You had a right to post yours. However there is a difference in having a different opinion and being mean. God bless you
  • by to great place Location: greenville on Mar 17, 2011 at 06:07 AM
    You don't think people, including myself, were offended by your comment? Your comment made it look like Greenville was there worst place in all of the United States to live. I found your comment very negative and offensive as well. You make all the residence here sound like thugs. I am truly sorry that you and your husband were approached by a guy with a knife; however, my mother was approached by a guy with a knife too, in broad daylight as she was getting into her car as well. Guess what it wasn't Greenville, and guess what they have people that start fires and bank robberies and gangs too. That city back in the day was a quit community were you could go to bed with your door unlocked too. Guess what? Times have changed, Greenville is growing and with that "unwanted crime" will follow. My point: if we look for the good in people, town, city, state or country, we will find it. If we look for the bad in people, town, city, state or country we will find it.
  • by Great Place on Mar 16, 2011 at 06:46 PM
    I was offended at the reply about my comment the person posted that has lived here 5 yrs. I have lived here 60 YEARS and Greenville USE to be a nice place to live but it isnt anymore. I have no desire to move from here I have lived here all my life. Maybe your comment meant no harm but I thought you were very offensive. Im glad you have had no problems, but you better watch your back. My husband was approached in the broad daylight by a guy with a knife wanting money. We were NOT looking for trouble, we were simple putting groceries in our car in the middle of the afternoon. Thats for reminding me how rude people can be. You had no right be be so ugly.
  • by to great place Location: greenville on Mar 16, 2011 at 12:48 PM
    I have only one thing to say to your comment...If you don't like it LEAVE...PLEASE. What makes you think that these things only happen in Greenville? Open your eyes, these things are happening all around us in all parts of the US and beyond. Greenville is not the crime capital of the USA. My family and I have lived in Greenville now for 5 years, we love it and have not had any problems. My thinking is if you look for trouble you will find it. If you look for the good you will find it. Why don't you try looking for the good. If you can't then please do us all a favor and leave.
  • by Anonymous Location: Greenville on Mar 16, 2011 at 12:44 PM
    Its not just Greenville....it's anywhere you live. You cant expect to live somewhere and not have some violence at some point.
  • by Anonymous Location: Kinston on Mar 16, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    Where was the boy from Bath last night? There seems to be an awful lot of arsons going on......
  • by Great Place on Mar 16, 2011 at 12:07 PM
    Well lets see Greenville has shootings, break ins, robberies, assaults, and now suspected arson fire. Geeze what a wonderful place to live.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118083574 - witn.com/a?a=118083574