Greenville Church Joining Pro-Life March In DC

Pro-life demonstrators will take to the streets of the nation's capital today in the annual March for Life. Hundreds of thousands will protest against the 39th anniversary of the landmark Roe vs Wade case, in which the Supreme Court legalized abortion. They come from all over, including from Greenville.

About 120 people from St. Peter's Catholic Church, Pope John Paul II High School and 8th graders from St. Peter's Catholic School filled three buses and headed to Washington D.C.

They started trickling into St. Peter's around 4 a.m. Monday. By 4:45 a.m., they were on their way.

"It's overwhelming whenever we start walking because all of the sudden you're surrounded by people that you know, that you don't know, and you're all there for the same cause," says Johanna Waller with the St. Peter's Life Team.

Diane Sampson is making the trip with her 8th grade daughter. She says she wanted her daughter to be part of what to her is a very important issue.

"Their consciences are developing at this point in their lives, and they're growing and they're maturing and they're so impressionable at 13,14,15, 16," says Sampson.

They're expecting a faith-building experience, and with a buses full of kids they're expecting a fun experience.

The group expects to return late Monday evening.

• by MC on Jan 28, 2012 at 04:28 PM
    I also was one of the many 8th graders that went on this inspiring trip. I was CERTAINLY not "brain washed". It was my choice to go. MINE. Not my principal's choice. Not my teacher's choice. MINE. It was a beautiful experience to behold. I am proud to have taken part in this amazing event. Abortion IS killing for all who say it is not. As desturbing as it is, abortion is ripping a baby from it's mother. Just because you call the baby a "fedus" dosn't make it any less alive you know. People don't walk up to a pregnant woman and say, "Your fedus is beautiful." to them. That's not how it works. A baby is a baby when it is born right? Then what is the baby before birth? A fedus? I. DON'T. THINK. SO. It is still a baby. Now, let me ask one more question...If a single cell on mars is considered life then certainly a whole clump of cells in a mother's woumb is life right? chew on that. As for all of you who are for abortion...well, i'm sorry, and i'm praying for you to make the right choice. The choice of LIFE.
  • by WALKER on Jan 25, 2012 at 06:30 PM
    if you believe that you have the right to an abortion, you are saying you have the right to murder someone! you all are hypocrites! I WENT ON THE TRIP! i pray for you everyday! its not "pro-choice" if the baby has no choice which obviously it doesnt. i will pray for you murderes everyday. you may say I am to you, but the fact the most eighth graders are having sex proves other. I am a virgin and i will remain that way until marriage. you all are surly! do you just spend all day on witn commenting and trying to belittle eighth graders? very mature i must say. i hope i made you realize what and who you are which is murderers. i pray for you, and will continue to do so. "let no one look down on you becuase you are young but set an example, by faith love and hope"-q tim 4:12
      by Anonymous on Jan 26, 2012 at 01:55 PM in reply to WALKER
      Abortion isn't murder. Learn facts.
        by MC on Jan 28, 2012 at 04:34 PM in reply to
        If a single cell on mars is considered life, then certainly a whole clump of cells in a mother's woumb is life. Therefore it is murder.
  • by ds on Jan 24, 2012 at 07:52 PM
    Blessings to all who have responded and are interested in the Right to Life March, negative as well as positive. This great country of ours guarantees (for the most part) Religious freedom. Let us embrace our differences and learn from one another. Peace y'all.
  • by BTN Location: ENC on Jan 24, 2012 at 05:46 PM
    Christian Taliban, Christian Nazis, Christian Facists, they are all the same. You want a Christian theocracy, that will not happen.
  • by lydia Location: Greenville, NC on Jan 24, 2012 at 03:26 PM
    No one was forced to go, these comments deeply disturb me. Once you belittle the life of anyone, even the unborn, you belittle everyone's. These babies do feel pain. I hearing people say "fetus", like they aren't human. One baby is ripped from her mothers womb every two seconds, and only .3% of these are due to rape. Maybe some people should put some thought into what they are actually saying.
  • by Question on Jan 24, 2012 at 02:40 PM
    So pro-lifers, exactly what do you do to support all of the 'unborn' once they are born? Forget about them? Especially the ones who have special needs. Those are the fetuses that are frequently aborted. Do you have a place for them in your school? I think not. I think you practice 'convenient Christianity'. Anyone can go march around with a sign for the day. Try Providing these children with support if they are born. Most of you Catholics scatter then.
      by ds on Jan 24, 2012 at 07:28 PM in reply to Question
      Catholic Social Services offers assistance to children and families with special needs. I personally know of several families in the parish who have adopted children with special needs and who pay for their education privately and for all their special needs privately as well.
        by Question on Jan 25, 2012 at 03:46 AM in reply to ds
        And just what private school do these children attend? A local Catholic one? I think not. No room in the inn for those kids. Like I said, convenient Christianity. If you all truly cared about the rights of the unborn, you would care about the rights of the 'born' as well and provide an education for all children.
  • by ds Location: winterville on Jan 24, 2012 at 04:31 AM
    Well, this is America and we have the right of religious freedom. We have choices. We have the choice and the right to bring up our children according the the way we feel is right. We are using our consciences as our guides. JUst as all parents do, hopefully. When we choose to bring our children up in the faith of our parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc., then we are following religious faiths and traditions that are long held in our family and that have served us well for generations. That said, I feel tht I am doing the best that I can in raising my children. To be fair, attend a Catholic Mass at St. Peter's listen to the priests sermons, educate yourselves on the issues. It is a deeply held spiritual belief and one that has stood the test of time. The world at large, our culture influences us as well. I won't say "brainwash' how about indoctrinates. We are Pro Life...Pro life. Better than being the alternative. :)We need to respect our American rights to freedom of expression. Take care, & Peace y'all. :)
  • by Student on Jan 23, 2012 at 08:59 PM
    I am a student who goes to St. Peters and I am deeply disturbed by these comments. St. Peters Catholic School or church is NOT brainwashing us. Considering some teens are having sex, it was a good background in case a teen in Greenville gets pregnant, she needs to know that there are other options besides abortion. Also, the school nor the church MADE us go on this trip. We all decided to go. They were NOT forcing us to go. I am very sorry for all of you who think that the school and the church are brainwashing us. I know that some of you all do not have the same opinion about this matter as I do, but please take a look back at your comments and think about them. WE ARE PRO-LIFE!!!!!!!!!!
  • by eastep on Jan 23, 2012 at 08:24 PM
    I, was one of the eigth graders who went on this trip. I do not agree with the rude comments posted up here. WE had a choice of going to washington. We were not "brain washed" into going. We have learned both sides of the story, and many of us, holy christian people do not agree with killing an innocent life. I pray for every pro-choice person everyday. That one day you may realize how you all are killing babies. Your mother was pro life. She had you. The only brain washed person is you. I continue to pray for you. I enjoyed the March For Life, and I will forever be changed by it. WE LOVE BABIES, YES WE DO. WE LOVE BABIES HOW ABOUT YOU?
  • by obamanot on Jan 23, 2012 at 04:09 PM
    I can understand if a woman was raped,or the woman and or baby is going to have major complications before or while giving birth ,other than that I say abort the women that does this sort of thing.You are sick in the head to kill part of your life that is inside of you.It is called premeditated murder!Maybe I should think like obama though.He said "he would'nt want his kids punished with a baby".That sounds like premeditated murder to me.Google it! He said it.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137877353 - witn.com/a?a=137877353