Greenville Boulevard Now Open

Drivers traveling on Greenville Boulevard near Evans are no longer being detoured.

The Department of Transportation closed the area between Evans and Hooker to fix repairs made to the road at the railroad tracks last week.

Greenville Police say crews started moving the barricades at 6:25 a.m.

The roadway was closed last week for three days to make the ride over the tracks a smoother one, but some of the asphalt broke away.

• by Anon Location: Greenville on Mar 21, 2011 at 05:43 AM
    @The Original ENC I stand corrected,the word should have been "posting" and they still didn't do what I asked them to do so why even "post" what I said. Glad you are out their to point out the fact I didn't spell check before I "posted" my comment.
  • by Anonymous on Mar 18, 2011 at 04:05 PM
    I think Greenville Paving and Contracting fixed it. It rides really good now.
  • by to Biker on Mar 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    you must have fallen and hit your head...the repair was to fix the bad bump at the railroad crossing, nothing to do with bikes or signage. greenville blvd is not made for bikes it is made for cars, go ride in the country but when i come by you had better get OFF the road unlike most bikers i see
  • by Wheelchair Man on Mar 18, 2011 at 12:32 PM
    It is great that it is now smooth for cars to drive over it...maybe someday they'll make it and the other RR crossing in town safe for people who use the sidewalk to move around with strollers or in wheelchairs. I am tired of having to go out into the car lane and hope that cars do not run me over.
  • by Observer Location: Greenville on Mar 18, 2011 at 10:16 AM
    The story is told that Red Adair, famed for fighting oil field fires, had a sign in his office that read, "You can have it good, you can have it cheap, you can have it quick. Pick any two." It's interesting how our society always picks "cheap" and "quick" and then gets mad when it's not "good."
  • by The Original ENC Location: enc on Mar 18, 2011 at 09:03 AM
    @Anon...11:07...What is "psoting" ?
  • by Anon Location: Greenville on Mar 18, 2011 at 08:07 AM
    How about psoting a photo of the new asphalt
  • by Rusty Shackelford Location: Pitt County on Mar 18, 2011 at 07:53 AM
    Much smoother...
  • by Roscoe P. Coltrane Location: Hazzard Blvd. on Mar 18, 2011 at 07:12 AM
    (gidget!) No more scuffs! I love it! I love it! (gidget-goo!)
  • by A on Mar 18, 2011 at 06:39 AM
    It was much better this morning!!!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 118207494 - witn.com/a?a=118207494