Greene County Woman Wins $100,000 In NC Lottery

A medical billing representative from Walstonburg in Greene County, plans to use the $100,000 prize she won on her High Roller ticket to pay for home improvements.

Lynette Fulford said, "I couldn't believe it. I was calm about it, but I didn't believe it. I'll believe it when I get the check in my hand."

Fulford received her check Monday, taking home $68,001 after taxes. She said her home improvement plans included a new front porch and replacement windows.

Fulford purchased her winning ticket at the Rite Aid on Stantonsburg Road in Greenville.

From March 30, 2006 through June 30, 2010, Greene County players have won more than $5.8 million in lottery prizes and county retailers have earned almost $779,000 in commissions on ticket sales.

During the same time period, Greene County education programs have received more than $3.9 million in lottery funds. By law, those funds benefit teacher salaries, school construction, need-based college scholarships and prekindergarten programs.

• by Tj Location: GVegas on Sep 28, 2011 at 08:06 AM
    To John Sept 27 @ 1046. You cant help those who don't want help.
  • by john Location: farmville on Sep 27, 2011 at 07:46 PM
    You have recieved a blessing.....now share some with Your brother....It might make You feel better
  • by Tish Location: Farmville on Sep 27, 2011 at 05:44 PM
    Don't know you Lynette but Congrats on your good luck...
  • by Tish Location: Farmville on Sep 27, 2011 at 05:44 PM
    Don't know you Lynette but Congrats on your good luck...
  • by Tish Location: Farmville on Sep 27, 2011 at 05:44 PM
    Don't know you Lynette but Congrats on your good luck...
  • by Patsy Cline on Sep 27, 2011 at 04:45 PM
    Woo Hoo for Lynette!!! I wish I could get lucky one of these days too!
  • by neighbor on Sep 27, 2011 at 03:47 PM
    I'm glad that Lynette got a piece of the action because if she waited for it to be passed along through the distribution from all the earnings that Greene County has supposely gained, she would stil be broke.
  • by Brenda Location: Farmville, NC on Sep 27, 2011 at 08:25 AM
    Way to go Lynette. I am so glad someone I know finally won something.
  • by ok then Location: gvlle on Sep 27, 2011 at 08:13 AM
    If the got close to 800,000 in commission why don't the clerks get cuts in like other states. They have to deal with customers and believe me they can take up alot of your time and can get very ugly, and most times its not the clerks fault from what I have seen. The clerks also have to educate players, sometimes I felt like I should work for the lottery board.
  • by Karen Location: Snow Hill on Sep 27, 2011 at 07:30 AM
    So HAPPY for you Lynette!! You deserve this!!!

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 130605673 - witn.com/a?a=130605673