Grease Fire Damages Craven County Home

A family is forced out of their Craven County home after a grease fire started while they were making dinner Saturday night.

It happened on the 1400 block of Mona Passage Court in Fairfield Harbour.

Fire officials got the call around 6 p.m. Firefighters say when they arrived on scene the fire had already spread to the roof and surrounding rooms in the home.

Officials say the fire started in the kitchen when a pot of grease caught fire on the stove.

Every room in the home suffered fire and smoke damage.

No one was injured in the fire.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

Read Comments

Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 24, 2012 at 06:32 AM
    This was a father trying to cook dinner for his family and an accident happened. This family lost everything including the family pet. I thank god everyday that the family made it out safe and can't imagine losing everything.
  • by Cook Much? on Jan 23, 2012 at 06:54 AM
    I just don't understand how things like this happen. I'm guessing it was some dingy woman trying to fry a chicken.
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137865373 - witn.com/a?a=137865373
Gray Television, Inc.