Grandmother Killed In Pitt County Crash

By: April Davis
By: April Davis

A Greenville Grandmother was killed in a crash Monday night in Pitt County, but her 13-year-old granddaughter survived.

Trooper Steven Ziemba says 64-year-old Lizzie Gainer was killed when she turned left in her sedan from Whichard Road onto Highway 264 about 6:15 p.m. Monday and was hit by a F 350 work truck. Her 13-year-old granddaughter was in the car with her and was treated and released from Pitt County Memorial Hospital.

The four men in the truck were from Raleigh and two of them were treated and released from the hospital.

Troopers say no one will be charged because Gainer failed to yield, and there were no other suspicious circumstances.

• by Jessica on Jan 17, 2012 at 05:28 PM
    My heart and prays are with the Gainer family, they have become a very important part of my life. I was really heart torn to learn that Mrs.Gainer had past. I had been apart of their family since 12/15/10 and it hurts to know someone that you have grown to love has lefted your life just that fast. As far as the girl she is doing ok with the grace of God watching over her. I don't know what i would have done if i would have lost her. Thanks everyone on behave of the Gainer family in support and comfort of their lost!
  • by Family Friend Location: Greenville,NC on Jan 17, 2012 at 04:01 PM
    To the Gainer family: I am praying for you! I prayer that Our Heavenly Father will strength and comfort at a time such as this. I thought Mrs. Gainer was a wonderful person. She always had a encouraging word no matter how great her pain was! Again You are in my thoughts and prayes.
  • by a mom Location: greenville on Jan 17, 2012 at 12:12 PM
    I will be praying for you every night. I am so sorry for your loss and even though we do not know one another, I will be thinking about this tragic accident and praying for mending of your hearts.
  • by country girl on Jan 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM
    don't you get tired of your day in and day out job. Do you not think Nurses do as well. We all have days we are more productive than others. Nurses do have feelings, and sometimes maybe the situation hits a sensitive spot in them on a personal level and they have to find a way to get through it. That is why they are rotated threw the er and other areas of the hospital. Just remember they are nurses , they are human. And maybe not in the best of spirits that we may need, but they have feelings too. and they are there to help us.
  • by country girl on Jan 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • by Anon Location: eastern nc on Jan 17, 2012 at 10:14 AM
    It's a sad, sad world that we live in when people can take advantage of a heartbreaking situation, such as this, to ARGUE & BICKER. Show some respect, please! Prayers and thoughts are with the family during this devastating time. May she rest in peace.
  • by JOEY & MELISHA Location: WILLIAMSTON on Jan 17, 2012 at 08:57 AM
    To, Travis and Bridget, so sorry to hear about your mama. I can't imagine your pain, just know you are in our prayers and thoughts.
  • by Anonymous on Jan 17, 2012 at 06:52 AM
    Prayers and condolences go out to the family. May God comfort you during this time
  • by Anonymous on Jan 17, 2012 at 06:06 AM
    Prayers go out to this family but I completly understand about betting treated terrible by the emergency room nurses. Ihad to go there last night myself and I was treated terrible! The nurses were very rude and had no compassion at all!
      by Anonymous on Jan 17, 2012 at 05:57 PM in reply to
      that's because your runny nose, or your indigestion after eating mexican - chest pain ... was at the same time as this tragedy ... and you thought you were in the only patient in the ED.
  • by Don on Jan 17, 2012 at 06:01 AM
    did i miss something.? what does vidant hospital do with this story.? what did they do wrong.?

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 137455863 - witn.com/a?a=137455863