Governor Signs Measures To Aid In Cleanup

Governor Perdue on Wednesday signed two measures intended to help with the cleanup from the weekend tornadoes.

The governor signed an executive order, which will help farmers clear their land and return to their livelihoods in the wake of the storms.

The order allows the N.C. Department of Transportation to pick up debris from the edge of a farmer's property. Without the order, farmers would have to move debris all the way to the state right-of-way.

Perdue also signed into law a bill which makes further accommodations for property owners who need to clean up storm debris. The bill allows property owners to bury debris without a permit until June 1.

• by BIG AL Location: Greene Co on Apr 21, 2011 at 12:12 PM
    She is really a 1 term Governor now!!!! Her and Butterfield used this as a photo op and lets re elect me again. Kay Hagan does not sound like she is even from North Carolina she been in Washington so long. They all can kiss it good bye! I voted for none of them,and I am sooo glad. They have done NC and the US so wrong for too long! Yes she turned her back on Greene County . Bertie needed it more than anyone but We were hit harder than they were . They lost more lives. It is sad all the way around. You turn your back on your own folks you are out of the family till you ask for forgiveness and I will not forgive the woman. She talked like she had a little sincerity in her voice Sunday on the news . She spent all that gas and money to fly around to see the damage and saw Greene and Bertie was hit the hardest I think these 2 should have got the funds first. I am glad she did give it to Bertie. I hope the families can get back on track. She is as bad as O Bama Educated but no Common sense!
  • by Anonymous on Apr 21, 2011 at 08:54 AM
    Question, would you rather have Perdue who actually knows that there is a part of North Carolina, east of I-95, or whoever the Republican was from Charlotte who more than likely would have concentrated his efforts to improve areas from Raleigh and west. I agree, Predue might not be the best, but at least she knows we exist.
      by to anonymous on Apr 21, 2011 at 10:30 AM in reply to
      There is a big difference knowing we exist and carrying that we exist. She turned her back on Greene County. That seemed to come real easy to her.
  • by Anonymous on Apr 21, 2011 at 07:44 AM
    Perdue, me me me me me me me me me me me
  • by ls Location: nb on Apr 21, 2011 at 07:27 AM
    Wonders why, almost a week later, the gov't has to sign measures and make decisions in regards to the US helping their own citizens in a time of crisis but at the 1st sign of crisis in another country we rush aid to them instantly with no expectation of reimbursement from the receivers. FEMA is a joke....why should US citizens have to repay 'assistance' when everywhere else gets it free? The US should GIVE to our people since HECK we pay for it anyways...it would be like gettin some of our tax monies back!
  • by I Fought the Law on Apr 21, 2011 at 07:10 AM
    Bury it.....what the ???? So just dig a hole anywhere and bury stuff like insulation, vinyl siding, etc. Woman, have you lost your mind????
  • by NC Resident Location: Pitt on Apr 21, 2011 at 05:49 AM
    blah...blah...blah...When is Purdont's last day in office again? She probably spends more money in other countries and states 'trying to lure jobs' than she actually does on the residents of NC when a natural disaster hits.

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 120326019 - witn.com/a?a=120326019