Labor Department Investigates GlenCare Pay Complaints

The State Labor Department says it's investigating worker complaints that a chain of assisted living centers, at the center of a deadly hepatitis B outbreak, delayed paying employees this week. Thursday morning the company says it now has paid all of its employees.

Several GlenCare employees told WITN News that on Monday they were not paid as scheduled. The company said Thursday morning that all workers got their paychecks on Wednesday, but would not explain why there was a delay.

The North Carolina Department of Labor says while employers may change pay days, it must be done with written notice to the workers. The Labor Department says there are now five open complaints against GlenCare, all filed on Tuesday.

GlenCare's Mount Olive location has been under state investigation ever since an outbreak of hepatitis B showed up at the facility. So far six residents have died.

• by Papa Tinsley Location: VANCEBORO on Dec 4, 2010 at 06:18 PM
    If the person or persons who caused the cross contamination fell under the NC Board of Nursing ie: RN, CNA, NA they should be disciplined and have their licenses/certifications revoked because they WERE trained !
  • by george Location: raleigh on Dec 3, 2010 at 06:32 AM
    "when state employees were having much publicized pay problems last year labor dept did nothing cause they are both state agencies" The state labor department did nothing because the general assembly wrote the law that way. State government employees would have to file a claim with the federal labor department.
  • by tod Location: 7 springs on Dec 2, 2010 at 01:00 PM
    wow I didnt know nc labor department did anything . when state employees were having much publicized pay problems last year labor dept did nothing cause they are both state agencies
  • by Scott on Dec 2, 2010 at 12:52 PM
    I don't know if I would want to put Glencare on my resume with their reputation now. It would make me look bad. You can believe that if you want Data Man. This was a failure by the company to properly train the employees about cross contamination. More beauracracy from the government is not the way to solve these issues. If they'd break it off in a couple of these companies instead of giving these piddly fines then they'd be a lot better as well. 6 people are dead and the company get's fined; sounds fair to me. If I went out and killed 6 people they'd put me under the jail even if I offered to pay a fine. By the way Data Man, enjoy the 2 years he has left...
  • by Data Man on Dec 2, 2010 at 09:35 AM
    I am so glad that Obama is President. He is making ways for this not to happen.
  • by Anonymous on Dec 2, 2010 at 08:09 AM
    If I worked there, my resume would be up-to-date, if you know what I mean...

Copyright © 2002-2016 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 111193139 - witn.com/a?a=111193139